Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

There's currently a forum problem with avatars not showing in reactions.
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

New forum user, needing help with modding for Android.

2»

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 889
    Hi @Noloir, sorry for not resonding earlier but I have been away... If you look at the Compression Method pull down, you will find a method called STORE. This will not compress the package. Normal compression uses light compress method.

Gus

• NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 241
    @Gusinda No problem! We all have lives to live and enjoy tinkering around with BG when the chance springs.

I kind of figured where the store panel was and tried to create other Mod zips like this from the info given but the dialog.tlk keeps emerging as invalid but everything else works flawlessly.

I think I'm making a mistake when it comes to transfering the .lang files particularly with the central.exe but not sure how to resolve it.

Hi @Noloir, I grabbed the fixes file and have done the following with it:

- Unpacked the file
    - Zipped the 'lang' folder using the STORE method in WinRAR
    - Centralfixed 'lang.zip'
    - Packaged both 'lang.zip' and the 'override' folder together using normal compression. This is fine because 'Noloir BG Fixes.zip will be unpacked on your device leaving lang.zip (centralfixed) in the root of the game folder, and the override folder unpacked and therefore doesn't need to have centrallfix applied.

I haven't tried the end result but it hopefully works. This is how you should install:
    - Copy 'BG Noloir-Fixes.zip' to your device
    - Unpack the file keeping folder structure into your BGEE folder so that your end up with:
    Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/baldur.lua (should already be on your device)
    Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/lang.zip (file)
    Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/override (unpacked folder)

Hopefully this makes sense and provides a happy solution...
    Gus

@Gusinda

A happy solution and then some! The language is displayed! Does "centralfixing" just mean storing the .lang in WinRaR and then overlaying it with a normal .zip including the override so the root of the app can access/read the dialog.tlk?

@Noloir, Centralfix.exe modifies the 'STORED' .zip file index so dialog.tlk can be read and understood by BGEE with the Android file system. I place the dialog.tlk in it's own .zip because some of the time, the override folder is oversized and crashes the game on start. I just separate the two (lang.zip & override folder) now as a procedure rather than hit and miss. It has other benefits as well, but making it a single procedure was the biggest.

Placing lang.zip in a second .zip file with the override folder is simply to move a single file to the device to unpack (sitting there watching thousands of files transfer across from PC to the device is not something that I will likely do again; took hours). You could, if you want, zip up the override folder on it's own into override.zip, zip and centralfix the lang folder into lang.zip, copy both then unpack override.zip on the device but it is the same outcome.

Make sense?
    Gus

edited October 8
    @Gusinda Makes sense. So the central.exe is basically a translator that makes mod files readable for mobile or in this particular case Android devices.

In a much earlier post you took the time to describe the explain in depth how to set up the centfixlang.txt file (Much appreciated by the way.) by adding the lines central.langfix followed by the line pause to the txt file. Your description:
    Gusinda said:

"You should now have a file called lang.zip in the root of C:\BG Android\BGEE Modfile which needs to be Centralfixed (prepped for the game to be able to read the file in Android).

Not sure if you have played with DOS before, so I will scoot around that by asking you to create a batch file.
    - In the folder C:\BG Android\BGEE Modfile, you should have the file 'centralfix.exe'. Create a new text file called centfixlang.bat and add the following lines:

centralfix lang.zip
    pause

Save and close. What this does is bypass a couple of steps of having to pop into DOS to run the command, and it still shows you the results.

- Run 'centfixlang.bat"

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/972379#Comment_972379

After moving the dialog.tlk into lang folder I used WinRar to store the centfixlang.txt file with the lang folder.

Then I stored the override folder with the previous store to create the modfile. Used to "zip" the files but once you explained to store it instead that's one of the steps that have been corrected but there's something still off and I suspect that it's here my mistake in reference to the Invalid dialogue display when modding android is being made.

@Noloir, is this the file that is being use or have you renamed it to upload? If it is the file, then it should be named:

centralfix.bat

Sometimes, a text editor (Notepad comes to mind) defaults to saving .txt at the end of the file. It you remove the .txt.

If it is named centralfix.bat, then double clicking the file will run it. It doesn't get stored with the dialog.tlk.

The steps should be:
    - Copy the dialog.tlk to the lang folder. This should be store into it's language folder.ie: if you use english then it should look like '\lang\en_US\dialog.tlk'
    - Using WinRAR, right click on the 'lang' folder to create the archive lang.zip using the 'Store' compression method.
    - You should end up with lang.zip, centralfix.exe and centralfix.bat in the root of the modding folder. Apply centralfix by double clicking on 'centralfix.bat'. You should have a DOS box start up, run the command and pause, showing the results. To close the DOS box, just hit space bar.
    - You can then select lang.zip and the override folder to create a modfile.zip. This can be a compressed file as it is unpacked on the device. This is a new file and not added to the original 'stored' lang.zip.

From you previous files, I suspect that all is going well except for the centralfix component. Hopefully, this explains things a little better. If it doesn't then let me know and we can sort it out.

Gus

2»