Skip to content

Is shaman mage weak?

12346»

Comments

• ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391

Okay so, I have not used the high level Shaman specific spells, they may possibly add to the class. Also, if I can reach the end of ToB it might be able to push through, that will make it a solid class, if not....

I mean, it kind of sounds like you've been going out of your way to play it as a gimped druid.

They lose access to some druid HLA's, but they gain some shaman HLA's in return. If you don't use the Shaman HLA's then of course it's just a druid missing a few key spells.
  • MichelleMichelle Member Posts: 549
    Granted, but that is why I said that I may not be playing it to the best of it’s potential. I do not believe that it is possible for them to replace the two summons from their description but I could be wrong. I’m not a master of the game or anything, just enjoy playing.

I tried it and gave my opinion.
  • ArcanjoArcanjo Member Posts: 155
    Had the update to version 2.5 be that the Druid stopped being weak? Did they give him some buff? Strong the druid is not, but the point here is how weak he is, even the defenders compare the shaman directly to a Druid who is not among the best characters for Solo.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Arcanjo said:

Had the update to version 2.5 be that the Druid stopped being weak? Did they give him some buff? Strong the druid is not, but the point here is how weak he is, even the defenders compare the shaman directly to a Druid who is not among the best characters for Solo.

I think this thread has already established that Shaman and Druids are NOT weak.
    ThacoBell said:

Arcanjo said:

I think this thread has already established that Shaman and Druids are NOT weak.
    Sorry, I was wrong, because I use "translator". Druid is not a weak unit, even powerful with comm unique issues, but reading all the texts I understood that Pure Druid is the worst class for solo or one of the worst, and that making the solo game with Shaman is much more difficult because of this difficulty , for example, we do not have a tank to give Shaman time to cast spells, and the casting time of their spells is high (Delay). The fact of being stopped to have infinite invocations should be great but for what ta in BG1 is a nightmare, because it takes a lot to come something (And the invocations miss the hits a lot, how can I improve their hit? time to play his music, but it would not be solo and I do not know if it would affect the invocations correctly).
    You need to start the dance before combat starts. That way you have summons already there when the enemies attack. You could also use your shamanas a secondary fighter. Make a half orc with 19 STR, give them an axe and a buckler and you can lay down some low level hurt. Everything the Shaman does will get better over time.
    ThacoBell said:

You need to start the dance before combat starts. That way you have summons already there when the enemies attack. You could also use your shamanas a secondary fighter. Make a half orc with 19 STR, give them an axe and a buckler and you can lay down some low level hurt. Everything the Shaman does will get better over time.

But if you have ground you do not have to start with Spirit (Dance) you need to save time for it, with invocations and the like and Druids does not have anything that improves castspeed, basically forces the Shaman to get punched! Playing shaman solo seems to be difficult, that Ice magic deals insignificant damage.
    Arcanjo said:

ThacoBell said:

But if you have ground you do not have to start with Spirit (Dance) you need to save time for it, with invocations and the like and Druids does not have anything that improves castspeed, basically forces the Shaman to get punched! Playing shaman solo seems to be difficult, that Ice magic deals insignificant damage.
    I'm not sure what you are trying to say.