Skip to content

Multiplayer Stats dice rolling

So the 28th me and some friends are starting a BGEE multiplayer game. But something that Iwas wondering about is how can you keep the stats dice rolling fair for everybody?

I don't like the idea of giving everybody x amount of rolls and strictly stick to that, as this can make one character OP and the other a total loser. Does anybody have a system worked out for this so everybody has a fair amount?

Comments

• AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    I don't understand. If you mean upon character creation, you get as many roles as you need. Then you just import in the host's IP address.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Give a maximum allowed to be allotted. All die rolls should add up to 84 (or whatever number you think is reasonable). That will fix the OP issue
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Manveru The simplest way would be for all the players to agree on a minimum and maximum score total for a character before you start to create them.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Just let each player do whatever with their rolls. :P
  • Ulfgar_TorunnUlfgar_Torunn Member Posts: 169
    If everyone is within the same stat range (perhaps 80-85 or 85-90) you'll avoid having characters of vastly different power levels. This is essentially what I do in PnP campaigns to avoid one player making another obsolete.
  • danefitchdanefitch Member Posts: 22
    If someone spends hours rolling for 90+ then they deserve the stats!
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    Let people do whatever they want. It's not a big deal. It's also unfair to anyone not playing a spellcaster. Wizards only need one high stat. Fighters need three. Paladins and Bards and such need even more.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    Establish the rules for the group (if there are going to be any at all) before you begin playing. Then it won't be an issue.