Skip to content

August 10 Livestream Recap

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
During last week’s livestream Beamdog Studio Director Phillip Daigle and Marketing & PR Manager Lee Guille shared the latest studio and gaming news. Phil and Lee talked about what’s to come for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition and the Infinity Engine Enhanced Editions.

Catch up with a quick summary: http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/08/august-10-livestream-recap.html
StummvonBordwehrargent77ThacoBellAerakarLudwig_IIAedanspacejawskanisatha

Comments

• StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    edited August 2018
    Awesome news. Thanks BD

I see that the tablet and mobiles users may get a treat: tweaks/improvements for iOS and Android. @JuliusBorisov can you lift the veil on what we can hope for?
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Good, plenty of news for the IE games for a change. Looking forward to 2.5 patches finishing up. Have one question about the new area-of-effect feature. Is it only for Icewind Dale at this point? Does BG 2.5 have it as well, or not?
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Wonderful news - this time they shared very good and interesting information!
    Thanks @JuliusBorisov for the usual recap!
    argent77
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    Ludwig_II said:

Good, plenty of news for the IE games for a change. Looking forward to 2.5 patches finishing up. Have one question about the new area-of-effect feature. Is it only for Icewind Dale at this point? Does BG 2.5 have it as well, or not?

It's already supported by the latest BG2:EE patch (see screenshots in this post).
    lefreutLudwig_IIAedan
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Ludwig_II said:

Only the desktop version of IWD:EE will get it for the moment.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    argent77 said:

It's already supported by the latest BG2:EE patch (see screenshots in this post).

It's funny that they keep teasing this feature in the previous streams and now in this one they announce that it will be only for IWDEE when it's already in BG2EE 2.5 :p
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    I only play on desktop, so sounds great to me:) Though trying to estimate the area of the spells effect while casting is a fun challenge at times, I think it's a great feature to make sure I don't grill my party members with a fireball