Skip to content

Wasnt the free the djinn reward changed?

2»

Comments

• BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    sarevok57 said:

Borek said:

ThacoBell said:

borntodie said:

Question2 said:

Even in BG 2, you use +2 weapons at best for most of chapter 2.

Well you can get Lilarcor, the +3 fire axe and the +3 undeadslaying throwing axe all very early. FoA is an easy grab after that.
    Not to mention the lich killing Daystar. For free. For zero risk.
    Yeah just be warned SCS will lock the room until the Lich is dead, so daystar will take a tough fight to gain.
    even without cheese (as in not going in and out of the room to make the lich waste spells), and non-SCS all you need is protection from evil/fire and mace of diruption and then GG lich holmes
    Yeah but the mace of disruption is not available until the end of Ch2 and there's a fair bit of killing before you reach that point, if you have improved Vampires the Crypt is also quite nasty, especially if you have to face off Vs the spell casting one. I mean sure you can just sneak in and grab it, but even then it's not guaranteed Vs the Lich, AFAIK it can only 1 shot when MFMW is down and in my experience SCS will usually stack 12 rounds worth on most Liches, 1 initially cast along with plenty of other buffs (assuming you have short duration buffs auto-cast at start turned on), then 2 more, 1 cast, 1 in sequencer, it'll also summon a Pit fiend (which may or may not summon in more demons depending if you have that turned on lol) and correctly use Prot.Evil on itself so you have to actually deal with the demon, which more often than not will result in either a demon or the Lich using remove/dispel magic. So yeah, you can wait 12 rounds under extremely heavy spell fire (Time stop+ Symbol Fear+Stun+ADHW seems to be a popular combo for him) before hoping it fails a death save at -4 (which to be fair usually happens very fast one you CAN hit him), whilst he's wreathed in Fire AND Cold Shields, with Stoneskin, so if you don't kill him you're taking around 14 reflected damage per hit.

SCS is brutal, it makes ancient undead Archmages stuck in broom closets into what they should be :P
    Grond0
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Question2 said:

Strange, he spawned with regular leather armor...

Impossible to tell (why) without a save. Please zip your save and attach to a new report at support.baldursgate.com for investigation and help.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited August 2018
    @GreenWarlock The +2 is the default. You can get the +3 as well if you have it for transfer. Also, you don't get your weapon, "without a fight." Its in the room with the sewer golem. You have to fight a few goblins and mephits thankyouverymuch :p

@Borek Yeah but thats SCS. When you add mods in, anything is possible. Using mods as a measure when people are talking about standard behaviour is kinda missing the point.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    @Thacobell sorry, I'm still stuck with v1.3, and mistook the reference. I thought it was the golem room North of the start location, where you pick up your starting weapons. That is not quite as bad, but still feels a bit much for me. I will admit to being apoplectic when I thought it was in the other room with truly no combat though :)
    Grond0ThacoBell
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    All this talk of the +2 Sword of Chaos gets me to wondering what exactly was it's rating and special ability given the description, ' most of it's power was lost when Saervok died'?
    Anyone know?
    ThacoBell
    Zaghoul said:

All this talk of the +2 Sword of Chaos gets me to wondering what exactly was it's rating and special ability given the description, ' most of it's power was lost when Saervok died'?
    Anyone know?

If i remember correctly you gain a little insight during SoD, i think Sarevok also mentions it in ToB as you can offer to give him back his sword, at which point he says it's now of minimal use to him since he lost the ability to focus his bhaal powers through it. The impression i got was that it could have been used by the protagonist but the amount of time required to learn the skills and perform the rituals necessary to unlock it's power would take too long.

The short version is sarevok seemed to have been using his Armour and the Sword as enhancements to his half-god side, which required many years of preparation and some extremely powerful (and evil) rituals. It's why he was so fascinated with the ancient temples and priests of Bhaal. Think of it as an alternative set of powers to your Larnochs/Cure light wounds, Horror/slow poison, Vamp.Touch/Buff abilities, just on another level.
    ThacoBell
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Borek said:

sarevok57 said:

Borek said:

ThacoBell said:

borntodie said:

Question2 said:

Even in BG 2, you use +2 weapons at best for most of chapter 2.

Well you can get Lilarcor, the +3 fire axe and the +3 undeadslaying throwing axe all very early. FoA is an easy grab after that.
    Not to mention the lich killing Daystar. For free. For zero risk.
    Yeah just be warned SCS will lock the room until the Lich is dead, so daystar will take a tough fight to gain.
    even without cheese (as in not going in and out of the room to make the lich waste spells), and non-SCS all you need is protection from evil/fire and mace of diruption and then GG lich holmes
    Yeah but the mace of disruption is not available until the end of Ch2 and there's a fair bit of killing before you reach that point, if you have improved Vampires the Crypt is also quite nasty, especially if you have to face off Vs the spell casting one. I mean sure you can just sneak in and grab it, but even then it's not guaranteed Vs the Lich, AFAIK it can only 1 shot when MFMW is down and in my experience SCS will usually stack 12 rounds worth on most Liches, 1 initially cast along with plenty of other buffs (assuming you have short duration buffs auto-cast at start turned on), then 2 more, 1 cast, 1 in sequencer, it'll also summon a Pit fiend (which may or may not summon in more demons depending if you have that turned on lol) and correctly use Prot.Evil on itself so you have to actually deal with the demon, which more often than not will result in either a demon or the Lich using remove/dispel magic. So yeah, you can wait 12 rounds under extremely heavy spell fire (Time stop+ Symbol Fear+Stun+ADHW seems to be a popular combo for him) before hoping it fails a death save at -4 (which to be fair usually happens very fast one you CAN hit him), whilst he's wreathed in Fire AND Cold Shields, with Stoneskin, so if you don't kill him you're taking around 14 reflected damage per hit.

SCS is brutal, it makes ancient undead Archmages stuck in broom closets into what they should be :P
    I just shoot him very fast from the moment you step through the door with SCS....

I turned on short duration spells cast instantly option, so the 1st hit will almost definitely be ineffective due to PFMW, reflect back fire shield and cold shield damage if i am too close and he'll start with his timestop. He's killable for sure, but i have to leave him for later, after i've collected some specific items lol. Lets just say the 1st time i wandered in after install was eye opening :blush:
    UnderstandMouseMagic