Skip to content

Missing door in Beregost [BUG???]

So this is a new one. The home in Beregost that contains a potion of heroism in the chest on the second floor seems to be inaccessible in my install [BG:EE 2.5 Steam Unmodded]. If you press CTRL-4 to show the door area it shows up, but at no part of the house does my cursor change to allow entry. You can still warp to the house with area code AR3328, there just seems to be no way in without using the console. Can anyone replicate or was this just a super random glitch?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Hello! Can you try going into Options - Graphics - and toggling/untoggling "Hardware Mouse Cursor", and checking out it again?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    It seems to be a game bug. For some reason the travel trigger is linked with the door to the "Burning Wizard" since patch 2.5. Open the door to the tavern and you can also enter the house with area code AR3327.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @leeowensoas Please zip and attach your save at support.baldursgate.com so that we could log in this bug. Thanks in advance!
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    weird, im not having that problem in my game and im pretty sure im running the 2.5 patch, although my game still says beta, so dont know what that is about
    2.5 beta patch doesn't appear to be affected.
    hmm, even more interesting, i got rid of the beta, and now im fully up to date, and im not having this problem, i was able to go in to that house and grab the goodies no sweat, could it be certain mods doing this.....?
    Areas are stored in saved games. If you visted Beregost with the beta-patched game before, then you'll keep the working map version even with the final patch.
    this was with a new game, no stored anything
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Submitted with example save games and a video of the issue.

https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/38648

I have a set of fixed files for AR3300.ARE and AR3300.WED. I renamed the door to the Burning Wizard Door3307 and turned off the "Connected to Door" flag for the travel trigger to AR3327. The files need to be installed to the override folder before visiting Beregost (and before installing mods that would alter AR3300).

https://forums.beamdog.com/uploads/editor/cm/gramn4wuua2t.zip
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    sarevok57 said:

hmm, even more interesting, i got rid of the beta, and now im fully up to date, and im not having this problem, i was able to go in to that house and grab the goodies no sweat, could it be certain mods doing this.....?

If you have the door to the Burning Wizard open, you can enter the house. If the door is shut, you can't.

So, quick workaround, open the door to the Burning Wizard to enter the house SE of the Red Sheaf Inn.