Skip to content

"NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS" when talking to Phaere [SPOILERS]

AF79AF79 Member Posts: 7
I have an issue, where several times, the game has given me the aforementioned dialogue choice. Usually, I've been able to just press it and move on, which makes it annoying but not game-breaking. Now, however, it prevents me from talking to Phaere in the Female Fighter's Society after I've killed the gnome patrol. And when I press it, the dialogue ends and nothing happens. Has anyone else encountered this?

I wanted to include a screenshot, but every screenshot I take just turns out black. I'm playing the GOG version, if that helps.

Comments

• BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    Hmm, it may be mod related if you use mods. Another issue that can crop up is if you imported from BG1/SOD and didn't switch to the BG2 voice sets. They can cause all sorts of dialogue/scripting errors, simply go to the custom screen for the character and select a voice script and it should fix it if it is that.

If that doesn't work please post your game version and any mods you have installed.
  • AF79AF79 Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2018
    I did import my game from BG1EE, but I chose a voice for the MC when I was prompted. He definitely sounds different now, if that's what you mean. I don't have any mods, but I *have* used EEKeeper a couple of times, mainly to make my party members have the same proficiencies I left them with in BG1EE. [Edit]: And also to give myself some Protection from Magic scrolls to help with another issue, where Death Spell treats my MC as a summoned creature. I even get insta-gibbed with Death spell from creatures with blue circles.

My game version is 2.5.16.6 with no mods. Should I just try to reinstall? And if so, can I reuse my save game without problems?

[Edit2]: If it's relevant, I also used EEKeeper to reset the timer on Hexxat's Unproven Shroud quest, seeing as I hadn't figured out how to avoid being insta-gibbed by Death Spell the second I entered the tomb. And I reset the amount of times she'd asked for good measure.
    Post edited by AF79 on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    To understand what's happening, we'd need your save. Please zip and attach your save as a new report at support.baldursgate.com, and our QA will help you.
    I have now submitted the report. Do you guys have any experience with how long it takes to get an answer? I don't want to rush anyone, but I would really like an idea of how long I should wait...
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    @AF79 Death Spell is killing you because your GENDER is set to SUMMONED. No clue how that could have happened unless you did it yourself with EEkeeper (intentionally or accidentally).

This is also why dialogues have trouble talking to you, different responses are given based on CHARNAME's gender (MALE or FEMALE), of which you are neither, so they have no response available.
    Wow, that did the trick! Thank you so much, @kjeron!