Skip to content

Hello, All -- Long Time NWN Player Happy To See New Life In The Old Game

Will my BEAMDOG account properly reflect my ownership of two or three copies of the same game?

I've already purchased one copy and installed it on my Dad's computer for him to play.

I want a copy for my own PC and probably at least one other copy for backups and guests.

We've all been playing since the early 2000s and really enjoy NWN group games.

Thanks for starting a new generation of NWN fun!
ronaldoTorgrimmerGM_ODAJuliusBorisov

Comments

• TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Welcome aboard. Enjoy your stay, your welcoming cookie should arrive shortly. @Nimran
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 423
    Welcome to the forums!
    Torgrimmer
  • GM_ODAGM_ODA Member Posts: 177
    Welcome back to NWN! It is always good to meet a fellow veteran of the NWN engine! Are you a multiplayer NWNer by chance? If so, come visit our server - I'd love to chat with you at some length about your experience with NWN (we are always seeking new ideas for improving the old game).
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    :cookie: for you!
    Torgrimmergorgonzola
  • ColinColin Member Posts: 3
    Hi GM_ODA, and yes, I am the server slave of our family multiplayer group. We mostly hang out in persistent worlds I created, or in publicly available modules like Rhun that I host on a LUBUNTU server in my room.

Now that I see some new life being pumped into this great old game I'm slooooowly setting up hardware to try something I've always wanted to do: connect two instances of NWN on two different physical servers, using the options built into NWN.
  • GM_ODAGM_ODA Member Posts: 177
    Colin said:

something I've always wanted to do: connect two instances of NWN on two different physical servers, using the options built into NWN.

hmmm, you mean like be able to have characters transition from one to the other? There's a script command for that. Making them all play nice and share databases can be a little more tricky, but do-able with careful thinking.
  • ColinKColinK Member Posts: 6
    Yes, I'm thinking of the PORTAL script that links two different worlds on two different servers.

Still need to try this--my old LUBUNTU box died the Real Death and I must acquire another.

For a while I tried to convince a Raspberry Pi to do the job, but had no luck with that.

Too bad, I've seen some interesting blade server arrays built around Pi Zero and some huge Beowolf clusters built with Pi computers.