Skip to content

Executable flagged as ransomware

Hi,

Malwarebytes just decided that the executable is ransomware and (I assume) deleted it. When I tried to launch the game again, Steam downloaded a new one, but now my game won't start, saying "Invalid: 232207" when it tries to get past the initial logo movie.

Please tell me there's a way forward... I've put 50 hours into my really heavily modded game, and I can't just start over...

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    Well, if the executable is deleted, then you'd have to "verify" the game on Steam, and it might mean mods will stop working after that - you'd have to install them anew.
  • thedonkeymanthedonkeyman Member Posts: 5
    Is there a way to reinstall the mods without breaking my saves? I remember it took most of a day to install them all last time, but if that's what it takes...
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @thedonkeyman, you could look at using a 'batch' install to setup your mods. If you still have your WeiDU.log from your last, it will contain all the necessary detail. If you are unaware of how to build the .bat file, then have a look at this post. If you have any Qs about it, then just ask here and I will try to answer.

Hope all goes well
    Gus
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @thedonkeyman Check to see if your executable was just quarantined, instead of outright deleted. If it wasm then you should be able to restore it.