Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Ranger/Cleric Turn Undead Power

I'm thinking about either using a multi class ranger cleric or keepering Viconia into an illegal one and just wondering about how useful their turn undead will be.

It will likely be my only cleric so will they still be able to chunk most undead or will the slower leveling mean that they aren't high enough level until late in the game when undead have become less frequent and dangerous.

Comments

• jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 293
    It won't be particularly useful for exactly the reason you state. On the other hand, if you want Viconia to be a solid melee combatant (which she isn't as a pure cleric), the much higher fighter APR will let her be one, and then at high levels you'll be able to access fighter HLAs which are much stronger than cleric HLAs. It's a choice for sure but one where there isn't a bad answer.

• BorekBorek Member Posts: 488
    I will point out that you do not necessarily need to destroy undead for TU to be effective, merely causing them to flee can be as good as it allows you to focus on other enemies or attack w/o retaliation for a little bit.

• NeoptolemusNeoptolemus Member Posts: 25
    Thanks for the answers. I'm mostly interested in changing Viconia for flavour reasons but just wanted a sense of how much power I'm losing.