Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

How do I learn to create (or find) my own custom AI scripts?

Playstation420Playstation420 Member Posts: 6
Is there an AI script editor because I couldn't find one. If not I am willing to watch or read any video or text tutorials required to make my own (keep in mind I have no programming experience). Also, are there scripts made by others that I can download?

Post edited by Playstation420 on

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 942
    Hi @Playstation420,

As far as an editor goes, NearInfintiy allows you to view and edit current scripts, so I would expect that you could also create from new... Not much of a script editor myself but have seemed to be able to find my way around.

The script guide I have been looking at to 'find' my way is this one.

@sarevok57 has some great scripts that you might want to use.

I also found these but haven't used them in game, just looked at them for context. There are also some simple scripts (thief, bard, cleric) imbedded into a mod (aTweaks) that you could also look at. Not aware of any video help.

Hope it helps and look forward to seeing your work in play!
    Gus

sarevok57
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 3,858
    for the scripts that i made, i used near infinity to do so, you can get ideas on how to make your own character scripts by looking at the premade game ones and just going from that ( plus having EE keeper helps so then you can quickly find the script name of spells/abilities and such )