Skip to content

November 09 Livestream Recap

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
Today Beamdog CEO Trent Oster and Producer Luke Rideout shared the latest Infinity Engine and Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition news. They went through the current NWN:EE Roadmap, and talked about the upcoming open Beta of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on Android.

Check out http://bit.ly/2DdNGr3.

Comments

• wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 69
    What do we want? Baldur's Gate 3
    When do we want it? Yesterday
    But we also have patience and virtue.
  • DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 165
    I was about the get all self-absorbed and snow-flakey about my question for the live stream and then was reminded how close you fine folks were to bringing another classic to mobile ... and thus was soundly placated by your powerful porting magic ....

Keep up the good work ...
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    next week possible to purchase the game and play the beta?
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    #PleaseBringClosureToTheSoultakerPlot
  • the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    Adul said:

Beamdog, can't you see how financially viable the SoD companions/Soultaker DLC is? There's like at least nine of us who agree with those comments. Cha-ching!

No dude, it's ten.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    See? Once you deduce taxes and other allotments that's like another 40 cents of pure revenue you could have!
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Mac App Store owners are still fronted by having a perfectly reasonable resolution to the Soultaker quest. We demand dissatisfaction now! Release SoD to the Mac App Store!
    Just make resolution to the Soultaker quest in Baldur's Gate 3.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    How can we do that if we don't work on Baldur's Gate 3?
  • ProfErrataProfErrata Member Posts: 36
    But well a Icewind Dale III is possible…
    More Underdark/Drow DLC ?
  • MatthieuMatthieu Member Posts: 386
    wildfire said:

More Underdark/Drow DLC ?

I'd say more bhaalspawn DLCs. We have only two stories really about it, the original Baldur's Gate and Throne of Bhaal. Siege of Dragonspear and Shadows of Amn feature very little Bhaalspawns.
  • DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 165
    +1 on Adul's comments.

There's so much that could be done in that game world that perhaps links in other regions - perhaps with light tie-ins to the original campaigns.

Just roaming around and meeting interesting characters and picking up some lighter quests was very pleasurable in BG1.

I would certainly pay for more added content adventures in BG1, BG2 SOD & PST.
  • FouintoFouinto Member Posts: 22
    +1 for TotSC-like ToB-like content (please not SoD-like)
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    ToB is also a mostly standalone campaign, with the exception of Watcher's Keep, which is accessible from SoA as well.
  • FouintoFouinto Member Posts: 22
    Personally, I have no problem with "standalone campaign" as long it's not a NPC-oriented content :)
    Is licence for Neverwinter Nights III owned by EA and Bioware or by Wotc or by Atari ?
  • MatthieuMatthieu Member Posts: 386
    wildfire said:

Is licence for Neverwinter Nights III owned by EA and Bioware or by Wotc or by Atari ?

I put a bet on Atari and WotC... don't quote me on this.