Skip to content

[Tool] UI-based Spell Learning for Sorcerers/Shamans

124»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Two small snags to report.
    1) I had an install failure when M_SQTOOL.LUA already existed in my game but M_SQLIST.LUA did not. I changed this
    The 2nd and 3rd clauses seem identical (do something if m_sqtool.lua doesn't exist).
    There was a version conflict that I need to fix after all. (updated)
    kjeron wrote: »
    M_SQLIST.lua should exist once the tool has run at least once, you may need to update the tool, or I may have a version conflict (old breaking the new) that I need to fix.
    2) In some instances, when testing the spell-learning menu with my sphere system and forced-spontaneous casters, it told me that I had already learned a 3rd-level spell when in fact I had not, and before I had even learned any 3rd-level spells:
    Maybe if the character somehow knew one of the listed spells in their other(wrong) spellbook (mage/priest), but I think that's only possible by editing the CRE file directly, or by changing the spells type after it's been granted. I believe the game always forces spells into the correct spellbook when granted in-game.
    Other than that, double checking the created 2da file to make sure the auto-granted spell isn't getting listed.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    edited March 2021
    V.59 - small fix for v2.5 IWDEE spell levels.
    V.60 - version typo update.
    Post edited by kjeron on
  • AllbrotherAllbrother Member Posts: 261
    Could this be spun off to a second function to create opcode 172 versions of SPPR/SPWI spells and have its sequencer menu display spells known? So you could use the 2 together to do spell swapping like in 3e?