Skip to content

What is the best elemental resistance for your party?

I'm choosing between the various boots and other equipment that have resistance to Fire, Cold, and Electricity, and so of course I'm wondering which one provides the most benefit in the overall campaign. I would guess Fire, just because it seems to be the most common type I encounter, but I could be wrong.
  1. What is the best elemental resistance for your party?35 votes
    1. Cold
        2.86%
    2. Electricity
      11.43%
    3. Fire
      85.71%
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I'd go fire, as its incredibly common, and some very dangerous enemies use it. Electricity might be the best if focusing only on BG1.
    semiticgoddessJuliusBorisov
  • drdavedrdave Member Posts: 4
    By the end of BG I had a few fully recharged "One Gift Lost" and a couple of wands of fire. I'd start any big battle with a few salvos of fireballs. Fire resistance was pretty useful if I misjudged the range.
    JuliusBorisovDreadKhan
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Silke has killed me more times than I can count, but other than that I agree with the above and say fire is most common.
    JuliusBorisov
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Fire, Fire, Fire, OH Fire
    JuliusBorisov
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    Fire is nasty, and spitting fireball is fun. But electricity kills you...

I have seldomly died to fire, but a bouncing lightning bolt from a trap has done me in more times than I am willing to acknowledge.
    ThacoBell
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Lightning is generally the most annoying, but there are lots of sources of fire damage you can use, and if your tank is very resistant to it, you've got a winning situation. 

Pull Aggro + 3 or 4 Fireballs = Almost any fight is over. Then again, One Gift Lost trivializes almost all of BG1 (and for almost any class/kit), but its still a nasty trick to have in SoD. Or BG2 for that matter. 
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    This thread is for Siege of Dragonspear, so I'd go with fire. In SOD, there seem to be far more enemies that use fire than there are in BG1.

If this was for just the regular Baldur's Gate 1, I would go with electricity. In Baldur's Gate 1, almost no mages cast Fireball. Instead, most mages cast Lightning Bolt.
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovSkatansemiticgoddess
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343

This thread is for Siege of Dragonspear, so I'd go with fire. In SOD, there seem to be far more enemies that use fire than there are in BG1.

If this was for just the regular Baldur's Gate 1, I would go with electricity. In Baldur's Gate 1, almost no mages cast Fireball. Instead, most mages cast Lightning Bolt.

@OlvynChuru has an excellent point. For SoD only, fire is a clear winner.

My preference for electricity is for BG1 and BG2 - in SoD fire will rule supreme.
  • HafirHafir Member Posts: 97
    Agree electricty is deadly but fire more common.