Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Golem stats...

marcialhdmarcialhd Member Posts: 38
sorry if this has been asked before but i just cannot find this information anywhere (and believe me i tried...) but i want to know, the golems summoned from the "golem manual" what are their stats? are they the same as the other golems of their respective types you fight? and what do they attacks strike as (are they +2, +3, +4, etc...)? again sorry if it has been asked before but neither the wiki nor all the other forums and pages i have read have this information but rather just how to kill the golems...

Comments

• LammasLammas Member Posts: 108
    edited November 29
    Deleted, I just noticed the answer to my question was right there in the stats...

• UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,118

Quick follow up question if I may?

Which golem from the tomes do most people find effective?

Does the immunity of the clay golem to anything but blunt weapon damage make them more useful in spite of being technically weaker?

marcialhd
  • marcialhdmarcialhd Member Posts: 38
    thanks Tresset this was very useful and exactly what i needed, though now i'm not sure if to upgrade the tome past clay is worth it or not though seeing as it has the better defensive stats...

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 6,965
    edited November 30
    I personally prefer the juggernaut to the clay golem. While it may not be as tough to kill as the clay golem it hits WAY harder and it protects the summoner a bit with stoneskins. It is also immune to +1 weapons and has more health to help it a bit. The Gas Cloud is actually somewhat nice if your enemies fail saves regularly. It will attempt to apply another poison to all the enemies inside it for every round they remain inside. These poison effects stack with each other, and can really hurt if the enemy gets poisoned several times.

By the way, I added more info about the attacks of the golems, specifically what type of magical weapon their attacks count as. In the case of the juggernaut golem, I added some info I missed about its attack, specifically I missed that its fists actually add a bonus to hit (unusual for creature weapons) and have a stunning effect.

JuliusBorisovUnderstandMouseMagicNoonmarcialhd
  • marcialhdmarcialhd Member Posts: 38
    Tresset said:

I personally prefer the juggernaut to the clay golem. While it may not be as tough to kill as the clay golem it hits WAY harder and it protects the summoner a bit with stoneskins. It is also immune to +1 weapons and has more health to help it a bit. The Gas Cloud is actually somewhat nice if your enemies fail saves regularly. It will attempt to apply another poison to all the enemies inside it for every round they remain inside. These poison effects stack with each other, and can really hurt if the enemy gets poisoned several times.

By the way, I added more info about the attacks of the golems, specifically what type of magical weapon their attacks count as. In the case of the juggernaut golem, I added some info I missed about its attack, specifically I missed that its fists actually add a bonus to hit (unusual for creature weapons) and have a stunning effect.

thanks man this is really appreciated! and on the matter of the golem i think i will keep the clay or the stone one if only because the juggernaut seems so weak in comparison (seriously 15k gold for a creature that strikes as a +2 in ToB?, no thanks...)