Skip to content

Golem stats...

marcialhdmarcialhd Member Posts: 53
sorry if this has been asked before but i just cannot find this information anywhere (and believe me i tried...) but i want to know, the golems summoned from the "golem manual" what are their stats? are they the same as the other golems of their respective types you fight? and what do they attacks strike as (are they +2, +3, +4, etc...)? again sorry if it has been asked before but neither the wiki nor all the other forums and pages i have read have this information but rather just how to kill the golems...

Comments

• LammasLammas Member Posts: 211
    edited November 2018
    Deleted, I just noticed the answer to my question was right there in the stats...
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

Quick follow up question if I may?

Which golem from the tomes do most people find effective?

Does the immunity of the clay golem to anything but blunt weapon damage make them more useful in spite of being technically weaker?
    marcialhd
  • marcialhdmarcialhd Member Posts: 53
    thanks Tresset this was very useful and exactly what i needed, though now i'm not sure if to upgrade the tome past clay is worth it or not though seeing as it has the better defensive stats...
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited November 2018
    I personally prefer the juggernaut to the clay golem. While it may not be as tough to kill as the clay golem it hits WAY harder and it protects the summoner a bit with stoneskins. It is also immune to +1 weapons and has more health to help it a bit. The Gas Cloud is actually somewhat nice if your enemies fail saves regularly. It will attempt to apply another poison to all the enemies inside it for every round they remain inside. These poison effects stack with each other, and can really hurt if the enemy gets poisoned several times.

By the way, I added more info about the attacks of the golems, specifically what type of magical weapon their attacks count as. In the case of the juggernaut golem, I added some info I missed about its attack, specifically I missed that its fists actually add a bonus to hit (unusual for creature weapons) and have a stunning effect.
    JuliusBorisovUnderstandMouseMagicNoonmarcialhd
    Tresset said:

I personally prefer the juggernaut to the clay golem. While it may not be as tough to kill as the clay golem it hits WAY harder and it protects the summoner a bit with stoneskins. It is also immune to +1 weapons and has more health to help it a bit. The Gas Cloud is actually somewhat nice if your enemies fail saves regularly. It will attempt to apply another poison to all the enemies inside it for every round they remain inside. These poison effects stack with each other, and can really hurt if the enemy gets poisoned several times.

By the way, I added more info about the attacks of the golems, specifically what type of magical weapon their attacks count as. In the case of the juggernaut golem, I added some info I missed about its attack, specifically I missed that its fists actually add a bonus to hit (unusual for creature weapons) and have a stunning effect.

thanks man this is really appreciated! and on the matter of the golem i think i will keep the clay or the stone one if only because the juggernaut seems so weak in comparison (seriously 15k gold for a creature that strikes as a +2 in ToB?, no thanks...)
    now i have another question right now i'm using near infinity and want to make some small changes to the juggernaut golem if only to make it more useful, soo i have to ask where do i find his weapon enchanment and immunity to weapons effects?, i ask mostly because i want to buff his weapons from +2 to +5 and his weapon immunity to +3 in order to make him more useful and because i want him to be actually worth getting, seriously both the clay and the stone golem strike as +4 and the stone golem is immune to +2 already and with these changes at least it would be similar to the iron golems its supposed to be based on.
    To change the immunity to requiring +3 weapons to beat you need to go to the creature file for the Juggernaut (Tomegol4.cre) and change the item equipped in the left ring slot from "Immune2.itm" to "Immune3.itm". To increase the enchantment of the golem's weapon without adding a to hit bonus, you need to go to its item file (Goltome4.itm) and change the number in the "enchantment" field from "2" to "5".

The attached file has this already done for you, if you are interested. Just extract it to Override.
    JuliusBorisovmarcialhd
    edited December 2018
    Tresset said:

To change the immunity to requiring +3 weapons to beat you need to go to the creature file for the Juggernaut (Tomegol4.cre) and change the item equipped in the left ring slot from "Immune2.itm" to "Immune3.itm". To increase the enchantment of the golem's weapon without adding a to hit bonus, you need to go to its item file (Goltome4.itm) and change the number in the "enchantment" field from "2" to "5".

The attached file has this already done for you, if you are interested. Just extract it to Override.

wow! thanks man! :) i owe you one ;) though you should totally post this file as mod so that way more people can benefit from it, heck you can maybe request to add it to Tweaks Anthology, at least that way more people would consider using the Juggernaut over the other golems and i would actually justify its "upgrade" cost.
    Well, I do have my own little tweak pack. I thought about adding this to it even before you asked how to do it, but I just didn't get around to it. I will probably put it in there eventually.
    JuliusBorisov