Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Play button grayed out after last update

Went to play test (single player mode) my custom module and the play button is grayed out. The cancel button works fine. This is starting a "NEW" game -> "Other Modules" -> Pre-made character. It seems the mod is loaded fine, but just cannot click on the 'Play" button. It doesn't matter if I select one of my characters or one of the pre-made characters.

Does this point to a module issue or a client issue? - or something else? The mod was working fine before I updated to the latest EE version (from the Beamdog interface) last week.

Ah - I just opened the Beamdog interface again and this message popped up:
"The Beamdog Client encountered an error trying to run Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition (English). Please contact Beamdog support and mention exit code: 3221225477"

Any ideas on this?

Comments

  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 21,498
  • OserynOseryn Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the idea JuliusBorisov, but that didn’t help. This mod has run flawlessly for maybe 10 years in NWN 1.69. Now suddenly it won’t run since that last patch. Other EE-packaged mods do run fine - so it points to something in my mod that’s causing the issue.

    The problem is that there’s almost no way to tell what that might be. The mod has no problems in the EE toolset so I opened it there, then ctrl-alt-del’ed out so I had a temp folder with all the EE mod files.

    I had work done in the EE mod that I didn’t want to lose, and it was the newest version of my mod, so I then opened my older, 1.69 version of the same mod in the 1.69 toolset.

    I copied all the files from the EE temp folder (overwriting all) to the 1.69 temp folder, while the 1.69 mod was open in toolset, then did a fill build.

    There were no errors (EXCEPT ONE minor EE script function call I had to remove) and saved it out - so I now have near-identical mods in an EE version and a Diamond Edition version.

    The mod runs great in 1.69 and is so much faster in 1.69 then in EE - and areas that were killing me with lag in EE have no lag in 1.69.

    I’m at a loss here. So, since other than the few script improvements to the game that EE brings (which I do love!) I haven’t figured out what else it really adds, and if it’s crashing anyway, I guess it’s a moot point, so I’ll live without the added script functions.

    Thanks though!

  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 21,498
    Sounds like something that our QA can help with. Please create a report at support.baldursgate.com with all this info, and we'll get back to you.

Sign In or Register to comment.