Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

NWN Droid beta incompatible with NWN Win

I just did a both ways transfer of savegames between Win + Droid (quite easy if you know what you're doing)

I'm working on breaking down the SAV so I can work out what's going wrong

Initially I thought endian although ERF / GFF are ALWAYS little endian so scrapped that concept - if it was endian I was just gonna rewrite the SAV for correct endian

The purpose of project this is to apply portraits to (insert RPG)

I've had success on Pillars of Eternity : Deadfire - https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/286

That's NOT what I'm after, that was a simple test as I have good relations with the devs @ Obs

So - back to Beamdog

Trent - why can't I use the same SAV on both platforms? I can only imaging that there's a version mismatch, both platforms report 8186. The Droid has a TexMap in place of Portrait.tga and there are less encapsulasions in the Win vs Droid

Finally - EVERY GIT is changed (want some examples?)

I've done some tests on older games - they fail miserably too

I wanna support your products and allow "Cloud Saves"

As you're heading into iOS / Console markets you need a clean solution

Much respect for Niv but his is server-side

Got IWD + BG on iOS so may hit those in a few weeks

As I have no sponsor (I'm cheap + remote) gimme a go (doing POE2 first tho as it's easy)

Comments