Skip to content

NWN Droid beta incompatible with NWN Win

I just did a both ways transfer of savegames between Win + Droid (quite easy if you know what you're doing)

I'm working on breaking down the SAV so I can work out what's going wrong

Initially I thought endian although ERF / GFF are ALWAYS little endian so scrapped that concept - if it was endian I was just gonna rewrite the SAV for correct endian

The purpose of project this is to apply portraits to (insert RPG)

I've had success on Pillars of Eternity : Deadfire - https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/286

That's NOT what I'm after, that was a simple test as I have good relations with the devs @ Obs

So - back to Beamdog

Trent - why can't I use the same SAV on both platforms? I can only imaging that there's a version mismatch, both platforms report 8186. The Droid has a TexMap in place of Portrait.tga and there are less encapsulasions in the Win vs Droid

Finally - EVERY GIT is changed (want some examples?)

I've done some tests on older games - they fail miserably too

I wanna support your products and allow "Cloud Saves"

As you're heading into iOS / Console markets you need a clean solution

Much respect for Niv but his is server-side

Got IWD + BG on iOS so may hit those in a few weeks

As I have no sponsor (I'm cheap + remote) gimme a go (doing POE2 first tho as it's easy)

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @peardox Does the mismatch happen only during the Tutorial (the prelude of the main campaign of NWN)?
  • peardoxpeardox Member Posts: 37
    I always come at this sorta thing from a blank canvas so I'm comparing the process of ....

1) Create char
    2) Save

So - yep - this is Prelude

I'll try others later...
    OK

Tried a HOTU - that one sorta worked (screenshot in load menu broken) everything looks good

This one was start HOTU, Save

Transferred Droid -> Win and Win -> Droid and both start properly

Aim is a personalised portrait pack (AI art from photo an option) + cloud save system

This is a response to a couple of Qs in stream asking for these specific features

Did IWD + BG saves on iOS yesterday - will get around to those once I've got a site up in Feb
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    There's a difference in the Prelude (between the PC and mobile version) right now, which will be fixed by future patches.
    Ok - I’ll base my Droid side of things on expansions for now
    JuliusBorisov
    The incompability goes away once you finish the Prelude. So the saves should be compatible even in the OC, if they're after the Prelude.
    @JuliusBorisov

Can you read https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/74172/how-to-install-portraits-and-saves-on-android-nwn-ee#latest

Posted it in the wrong group, it's more of a general discussion text even though Android-centric

The stuff on making a portrait pack applies to any platform and I go into great detail on the subject

My oops - sorry...
    JuliusBorisov