Skip to content

Haste bug

In my heavily modded install, Haste and oils of speed reduce APR rather than increasing them.

Compare the following screenshots:
This is my unbuffed Cleric/Ranger attacking with a morningstar +1 (. She has two APR (1 base + 1/2 for specialization + 1/2 for level 7) and she attacks twice within the round, as she should.

This screenshot shows her on an oil of speed, and she only attacks once/round instead of three times.

I've tested this repeatedly, also in BG2 and with the Haste spell. And the results have been consistent.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

The only change I made to my set-up was the installation of SCS v32 RC8.

Any help would be most welcome.
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Ok I dug up this old thread.

It turns out that Haste shortens a round for the hasted character to 3 seconds (half a normal round), and within those 3 seconds the character gets half the number of APR it's supposed to get under Haste. So in two fast, 3-second rounds, they do get the correct number of APR for a normal round. The results described in the thread are consistent with my own findings.
    JuliusBorisov
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Ok I dug up this old thread.

It turns out that Haste shortens a round for the hasted character to 3 seconds (half a normal round), and within those 3 seconds the character gets half the number of APR it's supposed to get under Haste. So in two fast, 3-second rounds, they do get the correct number of APR for a normal round. The results described in the thread are consistent with my own findings.

Yep its kind of weird but that is how it works.
    BlackravenJuliusBorisov
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    So then you should get two attacks in the second round, for 3 APR per 6 seconds total?
    Blackraven
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Skatan said:

So then you should get two attacks in the second round, for 3 APR per 6 seconds total?

Exactly, much like a non-hasted character with for example 5/2 APR, gets 2 APR in one round and 3 in the next.
    Skatan