Skip to content

Project Infinity - mod manager for Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, and EET

Comments

• gwaihirgwaihir Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2019
    Hi, this has probably been asked before, so sorry for repeating, but is it possible to uninstall a group of mods in one go? I forgot to install a component from Tome and Blood, so i would need to manually uninstall everything from EEUItweaks to TnB, or just do a full reinstall.. do I really have only those two options or is there a quicker, middle-ground way? :#
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @gwaihir Uninstallation of selected mods should have been implemented a long time ago but there was always something on the road. Right now you need to do it via full reinstall.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    edited November 2019
    Questions:

1) Do I need to use EET fixpack (found here: https://github.com/EE-Mod-Setup/EET_Fixpack)?
    2) In EEWS (Roxanne's tool) there is a v25 area patch. Do you know what is it about ?
    3) DLC merger: Do I need to use it before loading PI?
    4) Given that I can't extract the infromations from BWP, have you got any suggestions on where should I put the two mods by Argent77, Disable EE npcs and Skipstartingdungeon? I would say before EET_End, but I'm not totally sure.
    @Arthas

1) I don't know what this EET_Fixpack do, ask Roxanne and decide.
    2) No idea, sorry, ask Roxanne since she created it.
    3) This mod needs to be installed if you have SoD from GoG/Steam. No mod is included as default.
    4) Sorry, I'm not able to help with every install order request. BWP doesn't have to install order info for those mods but old BWS has.

Thank you.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    so if we have both bgee 1 and sod installed do we use the sod one or the bg1 ee in inifnity?
    megamike15 wrote: »
    so if we have both bgee 1 and sod installed do we use the sod one or the bg1 ee in inifnity?

Both games can be added and modded.
    edited November 2019
    1) I know it may not be the best idea, but if someone wrote you some notes that you could bundle with the tool concerning mod incompatibilities, would you be interested into bundling them?

E.G: Npc Strongholds has some bugs and not only that, it seems to be incompatible with QP additional thieves content (or at least Roxanne says so).

So... if someone actually tested these incompatibilities, would you be okay with such a file?

2) Also, someone could also provide his personal version of modded BG. I mean, the install order he would go for and actually which mods to go for.
    Post edited by Arthas on
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    yeah nalia romance and npc strong hold are imcompatabile.
    edited November 2019
    @Arthas @megamike15

1. Conflict list - nothing stops you from creating a new thread and post such data for the players. You could even convert all BWS conflict data into 'human-readable" list.
    2. Install order - same thing, anyone can post their weidu.log, anyone can create sorting order data and post such data for the players. It can be consumed by the PI.

As per FAQ, bundling conflicts/install order/download link list data is not planed.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited November 2019
    thanks
    Arthas wrote: »
    2) Also, someone could also provide his personal version of modded BG. I mean, the install order he would go for and actually which mods to go for.

I made a thread for that purpose - if mod managers can import weidu.log files for install order, then players can effective crowd-source good conflict-free installs by sharing their logs after successful mod installations.

Alas, people don’t seem very interested.

Hopefully, I think that rather than "not being interested" people completely missed this topic, myself included.
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    One last clarification about the metadata file readme keyword.

Let's say mymod is translated into English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish. Unfortunately, translators only provided mymod-readme-english.html and mymod-readme-french.html.

I can circumvent this in tp2 with the line below.
    README ~mymod/readme/mymod-readme-%LANGUAGE%.html~ ~mymod/readme/mymod-readme-english.html~

How can I reproduce the same behavior in mymod.ini?

With
    Readme = https://mymod.com/mymod-readme-%LANGUAGE%.html, https://mymod.com/mymod-readme-english.html

or
    Readme = https://mymod.com/mymod-readme-english.html, https://mymod.com/mymod-readme-%LANGUAGE%.html

edited November 2019
    @Gwendolyne The order doesn't matter :smile: Nor the document type. You can link to txt,md,html,pdf etc
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    Thanks.
    @ArthasII Thnks for reporting, link is fixed.
  • ckoeckoe Member Posts: 26
    Hello Alien !

Thank you for making this tool available.
    I have a few small questions or comments. My apologies if the answers were given earlier and I overlooked them.

Regarding the steps to generate a simple sorting order file from BWS InstallOrder.ini data. Looking at that "regexr.com" web page the actual transformation is just (I will consider ";" as the field separator):

1. remove all lines which contain variations of "init" (in the third field)
    2. keep only lines with STD, MUC, or SUB in the first field and only numbers in the third field
    3. print fields two and three of the lines matched in step 2 (i.e. what is basically the mod tp2 name and the
    component number), separated by a space

Is this correct ? I could not find this information in textual (spelled out) form. The weidu.log conversion route appears to be the same with a more complicated regexp match to extract the name. I can use standard linux tools then.
    As far as I can see at the moment the recommended "Excel step" could be done with any text editor if desired ?
    Also, originally the system requirements for Project Infinity included a separate git installation if I remember correctly ? This is no longer the case ?
    It would be very nice if you would open source it with a proper license (license.md) at some point.
    @ckoe I'm on long vacation right now, a quick recap:
    - you can use 'regex tools' instead of webpage
    - the "Excel step" could be done with any text editor, you just have to know what you are doing
    - installing git is no longer required, PI uses its own local copy
  • ckoeckoe Member Posts: 26
    Thank you for taking the time to write the answer. I wish you a very nice vacation !
  • #gargamel#gargamel Member Posts: 5
    sorry if this has been asked before but does PI also have a mod libary from which to choose the mods like BWS did?
    @#gargamel @ArthasII Impossible. But any modder can make a request to add his Github account directly into PI "Download Mods" feature.
  • Pittz0rPittz0r Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2019
    Nvm, fixed it myself.
  • HenaniganHenanigan Member Posts: 38
    It seems that PI does not work properly offline. Is this intended?

This is what I did:
    1) Downloaded and started up PI 0.7.8
    (Noticed that PI silently downloaded Git-BusyBox and WeiDU without asking, or logging to where; found them in <user>\AppData\Local\Programs\)
    2) Set up my folders; started moving mods around in the Install Order pane
    3) Closed PI for a break; started PI up again a little later -- note: in the meantime, my PC went offline

Now, when I click the plus sign next to an item in the left (Install Order) pane, that item disappears. And if I click the name of any item I've added, that entire group disappears. In both cases they reappear if I refresh the list, but I can't do anything with them. The workaround was to close PI, get my machine back online and then restart PI.

Would it be possible to add a checkbox to disable the phone-home feature? I don't think I need PI to check for a new app / WeiDu version every other hour. That way, PI might work offline as well. Also, since people may have a WeiDu install sitting on their computer already, would it be possible to add a setting where you'd point PI to that? And in any case, do you think that PI perhaps should log what it downloads and to where?
    @Henanigan Thanks for reporting this bug, will be fixed. Disabling checking the new weidu version won't be added because you never know when the new mod version would require a new weidu version, which was released 'just a moment ago'.
    edited December 2019
    ALIEN wrote: »
    @Henanigan Thanks for reporting this bug, will be fixed. Disabling checking the new weidu version won't be added because you never know when the new mod version would require a new weidu version, which was released 'just a moment ago'.
    Uhm, maybe I'm just too tired at the moment, but if a Weidu mod needs the latest Weidu, then I guess it would be released with it. (And then the installer would auto-update all other weidu exes as well.) In any case, is this something that PI needs resolve on behalf of the user? Ah, you mean PI's copy in AppData. I suppose it doesn't get auto-updated there.

Currently, if PI cannot download Git/Weidu, this is logged; but if the download is successful, this is not logged. Seems odd. Also, showing the path in there would be helpful.

Edited to add: Some feedback on the UI from me.
    Currently, unassigned mods appear at the bottom of the list. So assigning them to groups means that you are slowly pushing your list of unassigned mods down, and have to step / scroll up and down, over and over. Would it be possible to put unassigned mods in a separate pane/column to the left? Mods there would not be part of the install order and it might be easier to drag and drop into install groups from there.
    Also, would it be possible to add an option to "expand all"?
    Maybe a warning if you checked a parent checkbox but forgot to check any of its children (to stop PI from trying to install setup-.exe)?
    Post edited by Henanigan on
  • SumSineRegnoSumSineRegno Member Posts: 25
    So quick question, I am not 100% sure how install works. But I think I got it. The categories are for arranging your install order, and then it installs to the current game it is set then right? So if you are doing EET you'd have to get the first category ready, and then install that on BG1EE right? And then switch over to BG2 and install mods normally? And it will install properly with EET set up in the correct folders right?
    So if you are doing EET you'd have to get the first category ready, and then install that on BG1EE right? And then switch over to BG2 and install mods normally?
    According to the OP this is in the F.A.Q. but I found it on page 13 only. You set it to BG2 right away and it will find your BG1 folder automatically for the pre-EET ones.
    @Henanigan

Sorry, I forgot to add it to FAQ because there are already improvements to EET process.

Regarding you suggestions, both are excellent. The problem with implementation is the current UI technology. It's very limited but has a superior advantage - it allows this application to be created in the first place.

When the remaining major features will be implemented, I will focus entirely on the UI and the flow.

@SumSineRegno
    Yep, that is one (the default) way of installing EET. The other one is at page 13 https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1099158/#Comment_1099158 or now in FAQ.