Skip to content

Project Infinity - mod manager for Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, and EET

Comments

• AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    ALIEN wrote: »
    @tl1942
    The appearance of 'process_strref' and 'iwdification' is not a bug, it's a consequence of the "Unlimited sub-folders in the folder with extracted mods." feature.

But what's the purpose of displaying those strings there? I'm asking because they are very confusing. If those strings have no purpose you should consider removing them.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @Alonso I could code it but it would mean that PI somehow modify mods/take special care about some particular mods which I don't want to do.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited October 2020
    @Alien
    Starting today, PI showed this error message every time the program loaded, and clicking a mod on my list made it disappear! (The mod reappeared in its previous place upon reloading PI.)

jipwbxmra120.png
    @Endarire You don't have to do anything except launch PI again, wait for the PI update and then re-launch the application again.
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    edited October 2020
    The download mods section seems to be bugged:

1. Click on Spellhold button: displays the accurate list of available mods.
    2. Then click on G3 button: displays G3 AND SHS mods.
    3. Click again on Spellhold button: displays SHS and G3 mods. Moreover, SHS mods are duplicated every time I click on SHS button again.
    @Gwendolyne I cannot reproduce your problem, every time when I click any of 'G3/SHS' buttons the whole list is cleared. Which version of PI do you use?
    edited October 2020
    v0.8.2
    The bug occurs only with G3 and SHS tabs.

Edit: I don't know if it helps, but I run PI with ExpAllowDuplicatedMods=true setting.
  • AntonIIAntonII Member Posts: 31
    @Gwendolyne I cannot reproduce your problem, every time when I click any of 'G3/SHS' buttons the whole list is cleared. Which version of PI do you use?

Had the same problem. zlp2b409dq86.png
    edited October 2020
    ## 0.8.4

- fixed 'Download Mods' count (regression)

## 0.8.3

- fixed duplicated mods at the 'Download Mods' window
    - fixed unnecessary column names which appear after multiple buttons were pressed
    - improved detection of available mods for mods counter
    Post edited by ALIEN on
    @Gwendolyne @AntonII Please check again with 0.8.3 version.
    Seems to be working now, except for the green Mods icon who says "0" mods to DL (the former version gave the number of mods available for DL).
    @Gwendolyne Yep, that's regression, fixed in 0.8.4 :smile:
    Thanks.
    Yeah, everything fine now as far as I can tell.
    I could code it but it would mean that PI somehow modify mods/take special care about some particular mods which I don't want to do.
    You said that the appearance of 'process_strref' and 'iwdification' is a consequence of the "Unlimited sub-folders in the folder with extracted mods" feature. If that's the case, it doesn't have anything to do with particular mods, so there would be no reason for you not to code it.
    Alonso wrote: »
    I could code it but it would mean that PI somehow modify mods/take special care about some particular mods which I don't want to do.
    You said that the appearance of 'process_strref' and 'iwdification' is a consequence of the "Unlimited sub-folders in the folder with extracted mods" feature. If that's the case, it doesn't have anything to do with particular mods, so there would be no reason for you not to code it.

I think you misunderstood. The only way to get rid of 'process_strref' and 'iwdification' is either disable this feature and require users to craft special mod folder structure via tedious process or write custom code like 'if stratagems then hide process_strref and iwdification'. I don't want to do either.
    @ALIEN: I don't misunderstand. I don't understand at all! :D I didn't imagine it would be so complicated. Anyway, it's not a big deal, so it's fine.

By the way, I have a problem wiht PI: When I load my mods all the options for two of them (Lighting Pack and SCS) show up as "UNDEFINED STRING". I installed exactly the same mods last week and I didn't have this problem (or any other problem). Is this related to PI or to those two mods?
    @Alonso It's not a PI problem: "SCS" needs an update for WeiDU 247, there is nothing wrong with "Lighting Pack".
    @ALIEN: I'm af
    @Alonso It's not a PI problem: "SCS" needs an update for WeiDU 247, there is nothing wrong with "Lighting Pack".

I'm afraid I don't understand. How can I fix the problem?
  • SumSineRegnoSumSineRegno Member Posts: 25
    edited October 2020
    @ALIEN Would a manual install work for SCS? And if it did would you recommend it at the cost of scrubbing your files later? I am going to guess it probably isn't and I can just pick it up when they update to 247.

Anyways, been a while, but the supported dlc merger can be run through PI can it? Just wondering, because it is a WEIDU "mod" and then next go around I can keep my game files as clean as possible.

Anyways, I hope your mod/tool development is going good for you.

You need to wait either for SCS update or WeiDU 248 (which should restore compatibility) next week.
    @ALIEN Would a manual install work for SCS? And if it did would you recommend it at the cost of scrubbing your files later? I am going to guess it probably isn't and I can just pick it up when they update to 247.

Anyways, been a while, but the supported dlc merger can be run through PI can it? Just wondering, because it is a WEIDU "mod" and then next go around I can keep my game files as clean as possible.

Regarding DLC Merger - If it's a weidu mod, it can.
    Manual installation of SCS will work if you use weidu 246 and --no-auto-update option during launching SCS setup. Yuo cannot use setup-stratagems.exe because it's already 247/it will be auto-updated by weidu to 247.
  • SumSineRegnoSumSineRegno Member Posts: 25
    edited October 2020

You need to wait either for SCS update or WeiDU 248 (which should restore compatibility) next week.

Regarding DLC Merger - If it's a weidu mod, it can.
    Manual installation of SCS will work if you use weidu 246 and --no-auto-update option during launching SCS setup. Yuo cannot use setup-stratagems.exe because it's already 247/it will be auto-updated by weidu to 247.

That makes sense. Guess I'll wait, need to iron out load order with SCS, or rather how to square mods that want/need SCS in different places, anyways. Though there is always just not using the mod that I want least.

Thanks for the advice.
    Thank you, I'll wait for the update.
    ## 0.8.5
    - application can now work offline
    - application is fully portable out-of-the-box
    - required tools are downloaded into the "Tools" directory
    - the download logic for required tools was entirely rewritten
    - application uses global WeiDU executable
    - the game directory is not cluttered with many setup-xxx.exe files anymore
    edited October 2020
    When I download an additional mod using the download mods feature, all the options I checked in all the mods get unchecked. This is pretty frustrating if you just picked all your rule tweaks consulting readmes and everything, then decided to additionally download Valygar Friendship and now get to pick all the tweaks again.

Also, I have to click every mod name so it fetches the actual name, i.e. I click simply "korgan" and it turns into "Korgan Redemption v10.0.1". Can we have a button to make the list fetch all the name? Because it too loses all the names when I download any additional mod.
    AntonII wrote: »
    When I download an additional mod using the download mods feature, all the options I checked in all the mods get unchecked. This is pretty frustrating if you just picked all your rule tweaks consulting readmes and everything, then decided to additionally download Valygar Friendship and now get to pick all the tweaks again.
    I know it sux, I really do! This bad design is more of a current tech stack and I will definitely fix this as soon as I will have time for it.
    AntonII wrote: »
    Also, I have to click every mod name so it fetches the actual name, i.e. I click simply "korgan" and it turns into "Korgan Redemption v10.0.1". Can we have a button to make the list fetch all the name? Because it too loses all the names when I download any additional mod.
    Yep, that's a good idea. Something like 'Full Scan' even if it will take a while for the scan to finish.
  • StoltverdStoltverd Member Posts: 19
    I fail to see how is this an upgrade over BWS :/
    As a big noob to modding, I have no idea which mods to install. The recommended lists of BWS were awesome.
    Many fixes that by name one could suppose are exclusive to BWS are missing in this.
    The sorting instructions are super confusing... After going through the trouble of pasting and copying texts and text files from one place to another, to finally putting it into "Sorting order file", It just won't work.
    The UI is SUPER confusing. The mods won't be downloaded in the present categories. At first I thought the mods were missing. It's not clear how to put them into the right category.
    The instructions on the FAQ to install the EET are wrong or confusing. I can't find the mod anywhere on the download section, doesn't matter if I change websites.
    I have still no idea how to use this even after reading the OP and the wiki.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    edited October 2020
    @Stoltverd it's an upgrade because PI is a tool that will exist and continue working, because it doesn't require 24/7 maintenance from volunteers. Several people burnt out over maintenance of BWS. Player need to put in a little more work but even that (install order) is being worked on to give automated help as much as possible - PI is still in beta and improved by @ALIEN , thank you for your work, ALIEN.

Knowing how much work maintenance of BWS was and seeing good members of the community lose joy for modding over maintaining it, sorry for being blunt but I think it's ok that players can put in a little effort to get their game going instead of having everything spoon-fed. This is a general remark, not personally addressed at anyone.

If you tell what exactly your problem with getting PI to work is then I am sure there are people here who can help.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    @Stoltverd please specify where the FAQ to install EET is wrong, so it can be corrected. Thanks.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    It is true that PI is need to be get used to (god knows how many times I have bugged @ALIEN to learn how to use it), but if you get familiar with it, it's SUPER convenient.