Skip to content

Project Infinity - mod manager for Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, and EET

Comments

• ALIEN wrote: »
    Where do I provide the mods I selected? It doesn't even seem to see the folder I have them in. I'm used to doing it manually but thought this would be cool. CT

Can you try "How to use:" instructions and provide feedback on what was unclear?[/quote]

Hey, thanks brother. I tried to find something like this but gave up. I wish there was a way to search by topic or keyword on these forums - I wouldn't ask so many dumb questions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • ALIEN wrote: »

Can you try "How to use:" instructions and provide feedback on what was unclear?

@ALIEN I tried following the instructions, selected mods, and checked what to install from each, then edited installation order. Then clicked 'Set Installation Sequence' and 'Start-Installation.' I got these two errors.

dv0q2q94twv4.png
    62aybvvffpuq.png

Not sure where to go to try and fix this. Can you see anything? CT
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @CharlestonianTemplar
    Then clicked 'Set Installation Sequence'
    You install sequence doesn't contain mods. This is how it should look if you selected one mod:

khj16zlhngvj.png
    The more mods you select, the more lines should be present.

Then if you click "Start-Installation", installation should start. Best to start with a single mod.

Regarding:
    Install sequence contains non-exiting mods:
    Speed

there is no such mod/tp2 as "speed" and your install sequence somehow has it. Did you manipulate it somehow?
  • @alien, thanks for the tip. Almost got it to run - it loaded most of my mods. For some reason though, it keeps picking up some stray files. They are there between Wizard Rebalancing and Atweaks, e.g., the one here, 'iwdification,' appears to be associated with SCS, but I don't see it anywhere in that folder. Same with 'example' which appears to be associated with Berserker Minsc, and 'process_strref v1', that also appears associated with SCS.

Darn it. I wish I was smart enough in this kinda thing to figure out what's going on. The part that worked was waayy cool. Oh well, back to manual mod installs. I'll give it another crack in BG2/SoA/ToB. CT
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • x7nayqyzkxk8.png

This is what I get. Everything before the files I indicate a bove (intended to include this screen shot) installed correctly. I know because I just tried a to install BGQE, Dark Horizons, etc., and they are already there.
    edited February 2020
    @CharlestonianTemplar Please zip and send "Logs" folder. It will show me the difference(if any) between the checkmarks and install sequence lines.
    ArthasII wrote: »
    Question: does PI acknowledge that you can't install this or that component in a certain install?.

E.g by installing manually unfinished bussiness in BG:EE, you would be barred from installing
    * The Mysterious Vial
    * Finishable Kagain Caravan Quest
    * Kivan and Tazok
    * Branwen and Tranzig
    * Place Entar Silvershield in His Home
    * Prism and the Emeralds

Will these component appear in PI list? (and be installed...?)

All mod components will be presented on the list, regardless of the game which you have currently selected. All data regarding which component is available or not for specific games is only accessible to weidu itself and cannot be automatically 'extracted' in order to be used by mod managers. Manually providing such data by anyone and thus losing his life for such tedious, repetitive and never-ending task is out of the question.
    Post edited by ALIEN on
  • TheImpTheImp Member Posts: 5
    The links... for example in the very first post:
    fut8w0v531wr.png
    Download = https://github.com/Gibberlings3/SwordCoastStratagems

Yeah, that's not the link to download the mod from, it's the link to download the github page from or rather it's clone. It's a hub, from where the site get's it's name.
    Here's the actual link you should link into:
    https://github.com/Gibberlings3/SwordCoastStratagems/releases

Notice the difference ? This is wrong in EVERY mod that utilizes the system because it was in the example. FIX IT NOW !
    • fixed missing mods from "Mods" window
    • fixed a few problems with logs
    • fixed uninstallation when mod tp2 contains spaces
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    Hi, trying to install a fairly large mod list to SoD using this tool, 33 mods I think. Anyway, I clicked the start installation button and received a message telling me the installation was aborted because the install sequence contains non existent mods: Speed and Banter timing. What exactly did i do wrong? I followed the directions in the first post to the best of my ability. I thought I understood what was going on. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give
    @StoneSwords Which mod has "Speed and Banter timing" component? Please send me logs folder.
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    @ALIEN I figured it out, I had selected that I wanted the extra banters, but had forgotten to select the frequency I wanted banters to occur in the BG1NPC mod. Sorry to bother, and thanks for your response any way.
    edited March 2020
    @StoneSwords That's a long-standing issue but I've finally found a way to fix it for 0.8.x.
    edited March 2020
    • overcome UI limitation in order to disable unnecessary checkboxes
    • added online mods counter
    • added Release Notes link inside 'Info' menu
    • change application font to Segoe UI

• added online mods counter
    • minor improvements to the Settings page
    edited March 2020
    Regarding "overcome UI limitation in order to disable unnecessary checkboxes", this is the nightmare which I have been dealing with:

Via PowerShell I create a raw piece of c# code, then compile it on the fly. The c# code itself uses low-level c++ Win32API in order to overwrite the default behavior of the TreeNode and execute it every time when mod node element is displayed at mod list in order to sometimes prevent displaying the checkbox square.

So PowerShell -> c# -> c++ in order to do a minor thing...
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    Maybe I'm just not very smart, but I just downloaded the exe and when I try and open it immediately I get nothing at all.
    @Dazzu Which OS do you have? Did you install required pre-requisites as mentioned at the first post?
    edited April 2020
    ALIEN wrote: »
    @Dazzu Which OS do you have? Did you install required pre-requisites as mentioned at the first post?

I didn’t. The downloader didn’t come with any other files so I assumed I could at least get it started.

I’m also afraid that the fact i have to find mods myself means I might miss one that’s really cool and if I do an install before I find it? Well then time to purge the system again so the game files don’t get too warped by mod data
    Dazzu wrote: »
    I’m also afraid that the fact i have to find mods myself means I might miss one that’s really cool and if I do an install before I find it? Well then time to purge the system again so the game files don’t get too warped by mod data
    That's how IE modding looks like and no one can do anything about it.
    @Dazzu Which OS do you have?
    In any case I have windows OS. Still, I can't get the sense that making a folder with mod folders that the program will just know to open?

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I've been out of it for a long time. I just did a brief look at this. Just what this game series needs is a mod manager. Too often mods just get lost in the Override folder back in the old days.
    Dazzu wrote: »
    @Dazzu Which OS do you have?
    Still, I can't get the sense that making a folder with mod folders that the program will just know to open?
    Sorry, I don't understand the question. Please read the instruction how to perform the initial setup of the application.
    edited April 2020
    I've been out of it for a long time. I just did a brief look at this. Just what this game series needs is a mod manager. Too often mods just get lost in the Override folder back in the old days.

Are you referring to the fact that PI makes it very easy for modders to use the below workflow?
    1. make a change directly to the mod files inside the mod source folder
    2. uninstall the old version of the mod
    3. copy new mod files from the mod source folder into game folder
    4. install the new mod version
    5. run game and test changes
    6. repeat
    so the mod files won't be lost due to game pathing or accidental restore of the backup?
  • AzeleAzele Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2020
    gnpd5ujdozup.png

downIoaded the mods, set the instaIation sequence with the chosen mods, everything seemed as it shouId be, but once I pressed the InstaII button nothing is happening it its just stuck and I can onIy pause or abort the instaIIation.

Any tips are super appreciated as to what I couId done wrong here that caused this.

edit: I Iet it sit Iike this for an hour but stiII no change
    edited April 2020
    @Azele You screen tells me that the installation is paused at the very begging of it. That's something that should never happen. Please zip and send me logs from "Logs" folder. In the meantime, you can restart PI and try to install one single mod just to make sure it works.

P.S. The BG2EE doesn't need BG2 Fixpac, it's for classic BG2.
    I am using the fixpac because one part of it aIso gives Free Action immunity to stuns and paraIyze.

HopefuIIy this is what you are Iooking for, Iogs from the Iog foIder. Appreciate the heIp.
    @Azele Can you send me all content of the Logs folder, I mean every folder with the date? The one which you send me has no indication that 'Start-Installation' button was pressed.
    WhoIe foIder
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    edited April 2020
    Hello, I downloaded PI and correctly installed GIT, but I still get an error (see attached image). Quite frustrating being stopped so soon..

Edit: had to select download folder first, the message was a bit misleading.
    1.png 91.9K