Skip to content

Project Infinity - mod manager for Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, and EET

1333435363739»

Comments

• GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    Etamin wrote: »
    Anyone can tell me how to add this program as an exception for Windows 10 firewall? I can't find this option. Everytime i have to manually turn it off.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/add-an-exclusion-to-windows-security-811816c0-4dfd-af4a-47e4-c301afe13b26#ID0EBF=Windows_10

Add as process and either as file or folder.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited October 2023
    Etamin wrote: »
    Anyone can tell me how to add this program as an exception for Windows 10 firewall? I can't find this option. Everytime i have to manually turn it off.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/add-an-exclusion-to-windows-security-811816c0-4dfd-af4a-47e4-c301afe13b26#ID0EBF=Windows_10

Add as process and either as file or folder.

Thanks, but it doesn't work.
    I just turned off firewall and tried to install EET again and i have the same exact error i had 2 years ago:

//BLAD podczas instalacji [EET core (import zasobow)], powrot do poprzedniego stanu
    //Will uninstall 1 files for [EET\EET.tp2] component 0.
    //Uninstalled 1 files for [EET\EET.tp2] component 0.
    //ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "C:/USERS/KOMPUTER/BEAMDOG LIBRARY/00806/OVERRIDE/PROMIE\196\185\194\128\158.SPL")
    //PROSZE, wyslij plik Setup-EET.debug do K4thos (swit)
    //Automatically Skipping [EET core (import zasobow)] because of error.
    //Using Language [Polski (Polish)]
    //[.\lang\pl_pl\dialog.tlk] created, 271404 string entries
    //[.\lang\pl_pl\dialogf.tlk] created, 271404 string entries
    //NIE ZAINSTALOWANO Z POWODU BLEDOW EET core (import zasobow)
    //WARNING: unpausing installation will continue from next component.
    //
    //WARNING: EET:0 has encounter errors durring installation, exited with ExitCode = 2

Did you find out what was this then? I'm sending log folder: https://easyupload.io/d38xvk
    Post edited by Etamin on
    Adding PI to process and file exception works for everyone else.

You have a junk file in your BGEE's override folder. I dunno where should that PROMIE[two UTF-8 characters outside the ASCII table].SPL should've come from.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @Etamin Those errors have nothing to do with PI. Start with trying to install EET using a clean game directory. Also, check the game version.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    I reinstalled games and error was gone. I though that verifying files is enough. Yet i still can't bypass firewall. Maybe folder with PI can't be on the desktop.
    File verification never deletes additional files in the folder, only restore the ones what the provider installed.
  • konvakonva Member Posts: 64
    Hello guys, I cant manage to run project infinity. When I try t odouble click, even as admin, nothing happend. No related process i was able to find in task manager to get some more clues. Running under win 10.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 501
    konva wrote: »
    Hello guys, I cant manage to run project infinity. When I try t odouble click, even as admin, nothing happend. No related process i was able to find in task manager to get some more clues. Running under win 10.
    You need to put an exclusion for it in Windows Defender.
  • dukdukgoosdukdukgoos Member Posts: 22
    ALIEN wrote: »
    As for PI being detected as a virus:
    I can't change the compiler. I have taken a possible steps to mitigate the issue, including regular reports of false-positive to the 10+ AV software vendors, rewriting some parts of the code etc. None of that was helpful. The one thing that could solve this issue is having to buy a certificate but it's 300$ per year so...

My guess is that it's the way the tool is writing to the registry that causes the virus detection. Is writing to the registry even necessary? Having a right-click shell option to add a mod file doesn't seem like a huge benefit to me vs adding the file within the tool, especially compared to the number of questions it generates and a general sense of unease with a closed-source program being detected as a virus.

I propose you consider removing any features that require registry modification and make the tool "portable". That will possibly resolve the virus issues.

@dukdukgoos I will test this with the next version of PI but I don't hold my breath.
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    Is there any option to add some custom install order groups in ProjectInfinity-Groups-Order.txt?
    @Mordekaie Can you share the context? Are there any install order requirements that aren't easily achievable via current groups?
  • Emardon_LareousEmardon_Lareous Member Posts: 60
    Hi, very recent issue, when I refresh the mod list, it can erroneously label mods as unsupported when they have globally unique labels. When I then tell it to refresh again it may then correctly identify that the mod is supported
    Eg the ajantisbg1 mod has the correct ini and labels but was classed as unsupported until I refreshed the list again.
  • LyndilsaidLyndilsaid Member Posts: 2
    Hello all, a question about PI.

I was trying to install PI on an old PC win 8.1 because I want try eet with a long mod list, but it don't start.

- I downloaded the two program required for W 8.1 (PowerShell 5.1 and another one that I don't remember now).

- I make an exception with avast both for app and app folder.

- I didn't put an exception for windows defender, because it's deactivated from the beginning of time at the moment I use avast.

Could be this the reason it don't start or it shouldn't be an issue at them moment Win defender is deactivated?

Also, I didn't installed framework.net because it told me that a more recent version was already installed, should I try to remove and reinstall it again?

Thank you alla for your help, I tried several things but I really don't understand why the app don't start..
  • LyndilsaidLyndilsaid Member Posts: 2
    Hello, just want say that I managed to make PI run🎉

It seems that if also I installed PowerShell and restarted the PC, for some unknown reason it dindt update the system.

Now that I restarted for other reason win have been updated and no PI work😀.

Hope this help someone
    choiia wrote: »
    Just receiving this error when i try to download some mods:

msdgsmrusgdg.png
    @choiia Fixed in 0.10.7, no ETA.

I have this issue too. Is there any workaround, or is the download feature unusable until 0.10.7 is released?
  • KaijinKaijin Member Posts: 2
    dukdukgoos wrote: »
    choiia wrote: »
    Just receiving this error when i try to download some mods:

msdgsmrusgdg.png
    @choiia Fixed in 0.10.7, no ETA.

I have this issue too. Is there any workaround, or is the download feature unusable until 0.10.7 is released?

you need to disable your firewall , as well windows defender while downloading mods.
  • myEVILmodemyEVILmode Member Posts: 25
    edited January 25

Q: How to install EET in one go?
    A: First, an important rule to remember: all mods before EET mod will be installed into the game from the additional selection called: "Path to clean, unmodded 'Siege of Dragonspear' game for Enhanced Edition Trilogy".* prepare clean, unmodded (not even DLCMerger) SoD and BG2:EE games
    * make a copy of those games into separate folders
    * open PI, fill "BG2:EE for EET" game path, and "Path to clean, unmodded 'Siege of Dragonspear' game for Enhanced Edition Trilogy"
    * select EET from the game list and don't change it
    * download and extract all mods (including EET) that you want to install into the 'Extracted mods' directory
    * set the path to this folder at the main PI window, and wait until PI finishes scanning the mods
    * the mod list should now contain mods, locate EET mod (Initialise EET), select it, 

* select all other mods that you wish to install
    * if your mod list contains mods that require to be installed inside BG:SoD ( eg: DLCMerger or Aerie for BG:EE) prior to installing EET on BG2:EE, move all those mods before "EET" at the mod list

* move all mods which have native EET compatibility after EET
    * set correct install order for mods added after and before EET, refer to mods readme or community install order lists
    * select EET_End and move it to the end of the installation
    * click "Set-InstallSequence" button
    * resolve install order conflicts if they appear
    * click "Start-Installation" button

* when the program asks for BG:SoD path, provide it

I have the version of the game from GOG, that is, BG:SOD, and I have no way to separate it.
    In the EET installation instructions you write that:

"open PI, fill "BG2:EE for EET" game path, and "Path to clean, unmodded 'Siege of Dragonspear' game for Enhanced Edition Trilogy"

How do I separate it? Do you mean BG:SOD?
    There is a lack of explanation in the instructions about this point.
    Edit:
    Should I actually install the BGI versions and separately BG:SOD?
    Edit2:
    I know already that I can download separate installations of BG:SOD and BG but this is still not the answer to my questions, will someone answer?
    Post edited by myEVILmode on
    Probably a dumb question but I want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong or encountering a bug: when I load a mod into the Install Order panel on the left, the individual components all are shown, even when they're not compatible with the game selected in the top left menu. I can check off incompatible components and start the install, at which time Weidu correctly skips them and only installs the compatible items.

I thought PI would skip those incompatible components entirely in the Install Order panel, hiding them or showing them as disabled, but this isn't happening. Want to make sure that's the expected behavior. Maybe this is something planned for a future release?
    edited January 28
    @dukdukgoos Hey,
    It's standard behavior, such functionality won't be possible unless WeiDU provides support for getting supported games for components.
    @dukdukgoos Hey,
    It's standard behavior, such functionality won't be possible unless WeiDU provides support for getting supported games for components.

Great, thanks for clarifying!
  • nstarrnstarr Member Posts: 1
    Hey folks! Troubleshooting Project Infinity installed on a Steam Deck via Lutris.

PI is now running, but it isn't detecting any of the mods I've unzipped. Looking at the logs, it's throwing an error about Git 2.30.2 not being installed (globally I assume, since it seems to detect the local install).

Any ideas on how to proceed? See below for screenshots, and thanks for any advice!

PI Install Directory:
    scpsecmqckqk.png

Git Install Directory:
    i61cdrfictgj.png

PI Log showing Git Not Found error:
    po74crtu9np5.png

Extracted Mods Directory:
    5gk6ye3t0ghz.png

PI Interface showing no mods detected in the directory:
    jwsq9yt3pbj8.png

@nstarr Hi,

The fact that PI can display its window on SteamDeck is a miracle. Out of curiosity, what Lutris setup did you use?
    Unfortunately, I don't have such a device so I can't help you. But I know that SteamDeck has now native Windows 10/11 support.
  • Adamvs_MaximvsAdamvs_Maximvs Member Posts: 5
    edited March 27
    I keep running into an issue with Project Infinity where it works for a couple of minutes as i select mods and then seems to freeze up. Sometimes waiting a minute works, other times it just freezes on me with no recourse.

I've tried deleting it and putting in a new copy. I've made sure it's in the firewall exceptions too. Any tips or suggestions for other steps. System is W11 with a 7800x3d so I doubt it's a load issue.

Edit: Haven't solved it but it seems like PI is being forced as a 'background process' instead of an 'app' in task manager.

Edit 2: Might just be ISP issues. PI is trying to connect to github but is struggling and noticed when I wiped the system of it, removed it from firewall exemptions then reinstalled and added the exemption again I couldn't connect to Smartshield for the exception. Should know by tomorrow.
    Post edited by Adamvs_Maximvs on
  • mnmansteinmnmanstein Member Posts: 17
    I have some questions about Project Infinity. Is it possible recreate "instant spellcasting" (see this link https://sorcerers.net/community/resources/instant-spellcasting-lower-saving-throws.148/) using Project Infinity and is it possible to add feats to a character using Project Infinity?
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 501
    mnmanstein wrote: »
    I have some questions about Project Infinity. Is it possible recreate "instant spellcasting" (see this link https://sorcerers.net/community/resources/instant-spellcasting-lower-saving-throws.148/) using Project Infinity and is it possible to add feats to a character using Project Infinity?
    No, Project Infinity is a mods manager.
    You're probably thinking about Near Infinity, which can be used to edit save game and characters.
  • leafjamleafjam Member Posts: 1
    I want to use Project Infinity but the fonts in the "install order" mod list are off. They seem too large but I can only see the top 1/3 of the letters. This makes it really hard to see what boxes I should to select. I haven't been able to find any clue as to why it is happening searching around. Any help would be appreciated as I'd really like to use it.
    @leafjam Use Windows Enhanced scaling mode on the "Application compatibility" file option panel.