Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Last Chance to Visit a Classic NWN Server - Server Closing Announcement

Friends,

It has been running almost 24x7 since 2007, it is one of the most smoothly scripted servers ever made, it is huge with 1337+ areas to explore, and it is closing in less than 30 days [donations failed to keep up with our modest monthly hosting costs, and so we are closing our server].

Direct Connect to our NWN server at 96.31.77.125 or read all about it on our wiki

http://argentumregio.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page?&cb=8705

or our forum

http://aldohral.forumotion.com/forum

Argentum Regio is a very D&D style server in a custom setting, and it will close on March 18th 2019. If you have never visited it is worth a look, the systems here dovetail and help bring to life all your favorite classes and races. If you have not visited in a while, come have one last run, save your PCs and say farewell to your old friends.

I am the founder of the server, and, along with Eriniel [our totally awesome Lead Scripter] have been enjoying the building of the server. I greatly enjoyed the scripting, design, writing and DMing that I've done here in the last 12 years (15 really as it was 'in dev' for a while before the debut in 2007). You are all welcome to come see what more than a decade's "labor of love" has created. If you are a first time visitor, be sure to run the tutorial area.

Be well. Game ON!

GM_ODA

JuliusBorisov

Comments

• JapualtahJapualtah Member Posts: 164
    Never going to close my server, why should you?
    A linux box can be found in a trashbin and can run as many subservers as you wish, there's zero reason to pay for hosting nowadays.

JuliusBorisovzunathninjaz
  • ninjazninjaz Member Posts: 11
    Japualtah wrote: »
    Never going to close my server, why should you?
    A linux box can be found in a trashbin and can run as many subservers as you wish, there's zero reason to pay for hosting nowadays.

I can say with confidence that NWN can be hosted on a hamsterwheel with a carrot dangling in front of a hamster. I had a server running while playing on the same box and it was a lowly cpu at the time. NWN can run on rice grains.