Skip to content

Last Chance to Visit a Classic NWN Server - Server Closing Announcement

Friends,

It has been running almost 24x7 since 2007, it is one of the most smoothly scripted servers ever made, it is huge with 1337+ areas to explore, and it is closing in less than 30 days [donations failed to keep up with our modest monthly hosting costs, and so we are closing our server].

Direct Connect to our NWN server at 96.31.77.125 or read all about it on our wiki

http://argentumregio.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page?&cb=8705

or our forum

http://aldohral.forumotion.com/forum

Argentum Regio is a very D&D style server in a custom setting, and it will close on March 18th 2019. If you have never visited it is worth a look, the systems here dovetail and help bring to life all your favorite classes and races. If you have not visited in a while, come have one last run, save your PCs and say farewell to your old friends.

I am the founder of the server, and, along with Eriniel [our totally awesome Lead Scripter] have been enjoying the building of the server. I greatly enjoyed the scripting, design, writing and DMing that I've done here in the last 12 years (15 really as it was 'in dev' for a while before the debut in 2007). You are all welcome to come see what more than a decade's "labor of love" has created. If you are a first time visitor, be sure to run the tutorial area.

Be well. Game ON!

GM_ODA

Comments

• ninjazninjaz Member Posts: 13
    Japualtah wrote: »
    Never going to close my server, why should you?
    A linux box can be found in a trashbin and can run as many subservers as you wish, there's zero reason to pay for hosting nowadays.

I can say with confidence that NWN can be hosted on a hamsterwheel with a carrot dangling in front of a hamster. I had a server running while playing on the same box and it was a lowly cpu at the time. NWN can run on rice grains.
  • TM5000TM5000 Member Posts: 15
    edited February 2020
    I noticed this server on the EE list, so didn't end up shutting down.

Maybe new owner.