Skip to content

Comments

• MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    edited March 2019
    I want to say Baldur's Gate but I guess we're juuuust past 20 years on it.

Ehh, screw the 20 year rule. I'm saying Baldur's Gate. It is less than 21 years so its still 20 years.

Well I guess BG2 is definitely within the 20 year mark. So if it can't be BG1, then BG2.
    Zaghoul
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    MERLANCE wrote: »
    I want to say Baldur's Gate but I guess we're juuuust past 20 years on it.

BGII can be, BGI - can't, because it was released more than 20 years ago.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited August 2019

Post edited by lefreut on
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    My picks in no particular order:

BG2, Mother 3, Hollow Knight, Mass Effect 2.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines
    Kamigoroshi
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Till late October 2018 I would vote for BG2 or PST, but then came Read Dead Redemption 2. Oh boy, and I had a blast. So, my vote goes to RDR2.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Impossible to pick just one, but I'd prolly vote on Diablo II or Rome: Total war. Diablo II is prolly the pick more attuned to general consensus.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited March 2019
    So what are the criteria for this choice? For me there is a choice of 2. Both were/are technically brilliant but for different reasons.

First there is the original Dungeon Siege (2002 according to wikipedia) still the first and only game that I know that didn't have area transitions. It handled this with micro loading of bits of the overall large map as you progressed. You literally went from start to finish with no waiting for a new area to load. Oh and I thought the game was really good too.

Then there is Neverwinter Nights. The first (I believe) game designed to be modded including simple, easy to use dedicated tools for the job. How simple? Well I've built stuff for it including custom content and I have all the artistic ability of a brick.

TR
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura

There, I said it! And I won't take it back. :p
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    Well, isn't Trent automatically going to pick NwN1 based on what he's said in past interviews?
    KamigoroshiThacoBell
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited August 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
    ThacoBell
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    The panel will be streamed at (will start in 3 hours!)
    StummvonBordwehr
    edited March 2019
    It's live now!

Edit: the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has been voted the best game.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on