Skip to content

When is random loot rolled for in each of the EE games?

Subject title sums up my question. I believe that I've read that the random loot in IWDEE is rolled for when you first enter an area. Is that the case with all of the EE games, including NWNEE? Also, do broken weapons and armor that are found in chests (Hi Durlag's Tower!) replace better magic items on a crappy roll?

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited April 2019
    Jidokwon wrote: »
    Subject title sums up my question. I believe that I've read that the random loot in IWDEE is rolled for when you first enter an area. Is that the case with all of the EE games, including NWNEE? Also, do broken weapons and armor that are found in chests (Hi Durlag's Tower!) replace better magic items on a crappy roll?

In the Infinity Engine games such as IWD:EE, random loot is rolled when you first enter the area. In Neverwinter Nights, random loot is rolled when you first open the chest that has the item or kill the enemy that has the item.
  • JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    Thank you OlvynChuru. So both of the BGEE titles and PSTEE roll in the same way as IWDEE? I forget if there is random loot in any of the new EE content, but, if so, is it also rolled when first entering an area?
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    If you know there are skeleton warriors (high level, magic resistant ones) in an area of bg2, you can save before entering the area, kill them and check their landom root. They have a chance to drop high tier stuff like Laeral's tear necklace, or spell trigger/sequencer even spell trap! I remember an horrid wilting scroll droop too! If you are unlucky and have garnets and such you can load to before entering the area first time and try again.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    lunar wrote: »
    If you know there are skeleton warriors (high level, magic resistant ones) in an area of bg2, you can save before entering the area, kill them and check their landom root. They have a chance to drop high tier stuff like Laeral's tear necklace, or spell trigger/sequencer even spell trap! I remember an horrid wilting scroll droop too! If you are unlucky and have garnets and such you can load to before entering the area first time and try again.

There are lots of skeleton warriors in and below the Graveyard District...
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    in bg2 the loot that you pick not paying the licence and fighting the cw spawns is randomly set as the spawn happens, and you can find some very valuable scrolls that is not possible to have in other ways before returning from the underdark. perfect if you have neera and want to risk with dwehomers or want to cast them from a clone quick slot.
    as i usually fight those battles many times to find the right scrolls i want i can tell that the loot can vary from up to 2 lev 8 scrolls and some lev 7 one way down to minor scrolls and some low value gem.
    also the amn legionaries can have some interesting scrolls to pick pocket, if i am not wrong it is set the first time you enter an area.