Skip to content

Does SoD on Beamdog client work with Tweaks Anthology without Modmerge?

BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
What the title says.

I like to run with the BG1 weapon proficiency system throughout the trilogy.

I own everything including SoD on Steam, and everything *except* SoD on the Beamdog client. If I buy another copy of SoD for the Beamdog client, will I be able to run Tweaks Anthology without Modmerge?

Also, I really hate the black SoD interface. If I buy SoD on my Beamdog client, will I then be forced to play with the hideous black interface in BG1 instead of the pleasant blue?

Comments

• southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    I think so, however, instead of buying it again, just run modmerge on your steam copy. That'll allow you to mod the game
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @BelgarathMTH, I would agree with @southfla79 and install Steam version of the game, You can then copy contents to another folder (perhaps X:\Games\BGEE, where X:\ is a drive letter) and modmerge that one. This leaves your Steam version as a vanilla game and a good backup if you install the wrong mods (just delete, copy back, and remod). It will also allow for you to continue your game without interruption when the 2.6 update comes along. If you want to separate your saved games between modded and vanilla, then in the modded game, open 'engine.lua' and change:
    engine_name = "Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition"
    to read something like
    engine_name = "Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition_mod"
    When the game starts, it will create a new folder in your documents area called '\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition_mod' for your modded game and keep the original for vanilla games.

You can do the same with BG2 if you want.

For the interface, you can install @lefreut 's excellent BG1EE skin mod or use his BG2EE skin mod and you wont have to worry about the SOD one. It also fixes a number of problems with the original interface such as the Journal behaviour.

Hope that helps
    Gus
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Does SoD on Beamdog client work with Tweaks Anthology without Modmerge - Yes. You don't need Modmerge to mod BG:EE+SoD from Beamdog.

If I buy SoD on my Beamdog client, will I then be forced to play with the hideous black interface in BG1 instead of the pleasant blue - The black interface will be in only if you install SoD on BG:EE. You can play BG:EE without installing SoD - it will have the blue interface. Then when you finish BG:EE, you can install SoD to play through SoD. And yes, in this case you'll have to first uninstall the mod(s), then install SoD, then reinstall the mod(s) again.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @JuliusBorisov , Thank you for answering my questions. That's what I wanted to know. :)