Skip to content

Keyboard functionality BG:EE Android

Initially keyboard was working fine on android (I use a chromebook), but now there are changes made to the game I assume, making keyboard functionality behaving poorly.

First of all, I can't use my number keys to choose dialogue options. I can still use number keys to select party members though.

Then after playing a while, all keyboard functionality just drops suddenly. Pressing space bar for pausing stops working, Can't use number keys to select party members anymore. It's getting quite annoying to play this way. I'm forced to play touchscreen only.

Any word on if this will ever be solved / changed back again?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Hello! Chromebook is not officially supported. While the games may work on Chromebook, we don't guarantee they will.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Shodan0000, I shall start off by saying that I don't own or use a Chromebook, I have though done some work on some... However, I was having some keyboard problems in the Android version of BG with the Samsung Tab S. My solution ended up being to to install Hacker's Keyboard (from Google Play). Initially I wasn't able to some things with the vanilla keyboard or a hard keyboard attached using USB and/or a Bluetooth keyboard. Install Hacker's Keyboard just made things a bit more stable for me. I wasn't using the Hacker's Keyboard to play the game, I was using a BT keyboard; it just 'seemed' that the software was better than the one provided in the Android OS at picking up the hardware interupts.

It might work for you as well.
    Gus