Skip to content

[v3.1] Glam's NPC Pack for BG:EE, BGTutu and BGTrilogy! 4 new NPCs inside!

Comments

• Glam_VrockGlam_Vrock Member Posts: 277
    Oh, whoops. That's me using Dynaheir as a test subject and forgetting to change it back afterwards. Well spotted.
  • Ryz009Ryz009 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2020
    I hit a wee small bug. I'm stuck in Vynd's dialogue. I know it's because I picked up Braun's kid before talking to the father but now everytime I try to talk to Vynd he just says called it. Is there a code or something I'd use to flag that as complete?

Hm if I do it in the right order it's even worse. He completely stutters and brings it up every fw seconds. I guess I'll just skip the quest for now.
    Post edited by Ryz009 on
    If you do C:SetGlobal("GV#VYNDNathan","GLOBAL",2) in the console, that should shut him up. I think this is an issue with Littlun's response to that comment, or lack thereof. I take it you didn't have her in the party?
    Ryz009
    Glam_Vrock wrote: »
    If you do C:SetGlobal("GV#VYNDNathan","GLOBAL",2) in the console, that should shut him up. I think this is an issue with Littlun's response to that comment, or lack thereof. I take it you didn't have her in the party?

Oh yeah I'm just using Vynd. Thanks :D
  • crawlkillcrawlkill Member Posts: 71
    Hello, I mostly play baldur's gate 2. Any chance to have all this NPCs for baldur's gate 2 EE please?

I don't know about all of them, but Vynd BG2 is still happening.

I am so hyped to hear this! Vynd is extremely my favorite NPC in the series. Can't believe he beat out Damaged Twink Druid Arath for pride of place, but he really, really did!

And then the full party was hard evidence Vynd wasn't just a one-off work of art! Can't imagine what an undertaking it must be to fit someone as talkative as him into a game as sprawling as BG2, but I'm in awe of your work and deeply appreciate the undertaking!
    Oh there's another weird bug I have. Whenever they banter with the Beamdog NPCs (Mostly Rasaad and Dorn) the banter seems to bug out? And I only get the first line of the banter before it stops. This has happened with both Vynd and Dave so far. Banters with Imoen work fine though.

I have no idea what's causing that.
    crawlkill wrote: »
    Hello, I mostly play baldur's gate 2. Any chance to have all this NPCs for baldur's gate 2 EE please?

I am so hyped to hear this! Vynd is extremely my favorite NPC in the series. Can't believe he beat out Damaged Twink Druid Arath for pride of place, but he really, really did!

And then the full party was hard evidence Vynd wasn't just a one-off work of art! Can't imagine what an undertaking it must be to fit someone as talkative as him into a game as sprawling as BG2, but I'm in awe of your work and deeply appreciate the undertaking!

Thanks! Glad to hear you liked him so much. It's been a while since I've sat down and finished a BG2 game, so lately I've been playing and replaying it to make notes on where he'd want to speak up. Interjections are the trickiest part because you're never sure when you're done.
    Ryz009 wrote: »
    Oh there's another weird bug I have. Whenever they banter with the Beamdog NPCs (Mostly Rasaad and Dorn) the banter seems to bug out? And I only get the first line of the banter before it stops. This has happened with both Vynd and Dave so far. Banters with Imoen work fine though.

I can't seem to replicate this. Could you post your Weidu log for me? Also, are you using EET?
    crawlkill
    edited May 2020
    crawlkill wrote: »

Thanks! Glad to hear you liked him so much. It's been a while since I've sat down and finished a BG2 game, so lately I've been playing and replaying it to make notes on where he'd want to speak up. Interjections are the trickiest part because you're never sure when you're done.

I can't seem to replicate this. Could you post your Weidu log for me? Also, are you using EET?

Oh yeah I'm playing EET.

This also happened in a playthrough where I didn't have the last two questpacks installed. On the upside the banters trigger perfectly in SoD.
    Post edited by Ryz009 on
    edited May 2020
    On a different note please please tell me you're considering putting Moidre and Dave in BG2 as well. I both of them to pieces xD (Oh and Dave's familar is hogging my inventory slot when he's removed from the party.)

(On another note is Shoal kissing Moidre on purpose? Because lol)
    Post edited by Ryz009 on
  • dane711dane711 Member Posts: 1
    AKrugBier wrote: »
    Any chance for a non EE version of this mod? :pensive:

Curious, why play a non EE version?
    Thanks! Glad to hear you liked him so much.

I do have ONE question, though! ...how is his name pronounced? I've been saying "Vind" like "vindication" and I've got some YouTube videos where I go on record on that, if I've been embarrassing myself -this whole while- I oughta rectify that!

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Glam_Vrock
    How fares progress on this excellent mod?
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Member Posts: 176
    I just finished a playthrough of BG1 with my BG1 bookclub and here's what we throught of these NPCs.

Glam's NPC Pack: No one ended up taking any of these NPCs with us for our playthrough, but I think we all expressed interest in doing another playthrough and taking at least one of them as they all seem quite interesting. We all enjoyed their presence in the world for adding texture and colour even if we didn't plan on taking them.
  • Chicken7023Chicken7023 Member Posts: 26
    A review of this mod
    Hello ! For starters, pardon my English, because I’m French. I wanted to thank you for this mod. It was my first try at an entirely original NPC mod for BG1. I can say it is hard to give me a fresh feeling on a game I started playing more than 20 years ago (argh). And yet, I had a total blast playing your characters (all 5 in one playthrough!). I appreciated the numerous interjections and dialogues with my PC, that gave them some level of depths, and the character development, especially in the last chapters. My personal top :
    - Top 5 : Flara. Though I liked her in the end, it took me a long time to do so, or to even care. The dragon mystery did intrigue me a bit, but her obsessions and words sometimes felt a bit gimmicky. And on a personal level, I don’t like being treated like shit, IRL or role playing.
    - Top 4 : Littlun. Liked her, but she had less to say than others, and there were more original characters, so…. Sorry, Littlun ! Especially appreciated : her dialogues with Vynd.
    - Top 3 : Moidre. In the beginning, I found her a bit boring. Not much to say. But after the mines, I really liked how her relationship with my PC evolved, that slow progress towards trust. Very touching lines in the end.
    - Top 2 : Vynd. I think much has been said about him, so I’m not gonna insist. How could I not like him ? Give me cynical, sarcastic characters with a tragic past any day. He’s only top two cause I expected to like him, so loads of fun, but not that much of a surprise. I liked his development in the later chapters.
    - Top 1 : Dave. How did he get there ? Would never have expected it at first. But, I must say he was quite a challenging and original character. Absolutely loved him. What I liked was this duality between boyish charm and immaturity bordering on ridicule sometimes, and what lurked behind the surface, a powerful and clever individual who could be downright chilly. And the ambiguity about who he really is in the end.
    TLDR : I know Vynd is to be in BG2, and I will play him at once, but pretty please with a cherry on top : gimme more Dave !!!!
    Side note : I really like my romances, and it is a tribute to your writing that I didn’t miss it during this playthrough. Congrats on a job well done.
    ThrasymachusMantis37xiaoleiwen
    heyyy Glam, still workin on that BG2 Vynd? love yr work dearly, just evangelizing it at a mutual over on twitter, which always reminds me a sequel's on the way ?
    @Glam_Vrock
    How fares updating this mod?
  • Fishmalk_1Fishmalk_1 Member Posts: 56
    I must agree that Dave is the pick of the litter. He's one of the very few characters to give a reason to serve such a nakedly evil and destructive god besides a desire for personal power. Everything you did right with him makes it all the more disappointing that he has no comment on the one quest in BG1 that involves other talassans. If I could pick one of the five to make it to bg2, it would be him.

Moidre's stats are a bit too generous. Kagain is not a bad npc by any means, and she is much stronger.

Flara's voice acting is bad enough to keep me away.

One thing I encountered is that your five npcs would join with more exp than vanilla npcs. Vanilla npcs will join with a max of 32k, while yours would join with up to 44k or so even when my party was below that. As someone that farms basilisks and a few other quests to get charname to 32k before grabbing npcs, this is very noticeable.
  • welshwizardwelshwizard Member Posts: 4
    Hey guys. First of all Great mod. Just a question about the companion quests. Am I right in thinking that Moidre doesn't have a quest attached to her? I've had Dave and Flora in the party and they both have their own quests and I've seen a comment regarding Littlun's quest, and I'm assuming Vynd has his own too.

Just need a little clarification because the readme says that "three of the four characters have their own quest". Just want to double check before entering the nashkel mines.

Thanks again for this mod, great work!
  • lollerslollers Member Posts: 190
    I like your style.
    @Glam_Vrock
    I saw this thread renew and was excited for an update from you! We miss you, Glam! And your new contents planned!
    Chicken7023
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 872
    I had used the author's "Vynd" mod in the past so I had high expectations for these new companions. They did not disappoint!

I used Moidre, Littlun, and Flara in a recent BGEE game (early spring 2021). I thought that they were all great. Their stories and personalities really developed in interesting ways over the course of the game. The writing for them is top notch (comparable to that for the companions in the original BG2). And I should note that I especially enjoyed the voice acting for Littlun.

I plan to use Dave in a future run (with Vynd again).

Great work!
    bonewhiteglory
    2022 check-in to say still in love with Vynd and all the rest of em! truly unmatched companions in the RPG space, modded or commercial!
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 872
    I used Dave and Vynd in my most recent play through of BGEE (last October-November) and thought they were brilliant. (They both seemed more "neutral" than "evil" IMO , but I actually liked them for that.)

I highly recommend all of the companions in this mod! B)
  • ahungryahungry Member Posts: 29
    The glamnpc pack is AMAZING - the writing is top-tier.

"Skeleton skull, I love mages" - just had to come comment after reading that :)
  • OlorinielOloriniel Member Posts: 49
    Really enjoy Flara, Moidre and Littlun.

Littlun doesn't like dryad-killing. I presume this is intended for players who kill the dryad who asks for help dealing with the lumberjacks cutting down her tree. However, in the Cloakwood there are a pair of Crazy Dryads who attack the party, there's no options to resolve the encounters peacefully. And, it doesn't matter if Littlun's not in the party when these encounters happen, she'll dump you as soon as you re-recruit her. Guess I'm not gonna see her track down her dad in BG....

After clearing the Cloakwood Mines, I made a beeline for the Sorcerous Sundries. Sigurd's there alone, without their backup, and Flara roars her outrage but does not begin hostilities.

Moidre's just revealed her background. For someone who doesn't say much, she seems especially compelling.
    Huh I'm using EET but I had a weird interaction with the ghoul Korax. For some reason telling him to buzz off had Dave leave the party? That was odd.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    edited August 2022
    Huh I'm using EET but I had a weird interaction with the ghoul Korax. For some reason telling him to buzz off had Dave leave the party? That was odd.

@Ryz009 That sounds like the usual "oops the action was supposed to stay with the other character but was executed by the NPC after interjecting" bug.
    Reload a save, kick Dave temporarily out of teh party, then tell Korax to leave.

On a technical side: the interjection needs a pass-back line so the actions are executed by Korax.
  • OlorinielOloriniel Member Posts: 49
    Is the note Flara puts in your journal - "A NOTICE!" - meant to be a journal entry, or a quest? When I go back to the Belching Dragon, neither Flara nor the bartender have anything to say, so if it's a quest there doesn't appear to be a way to close it.

Also, when Littlun and Dave leave the party, they give you their stuff. And the cat familiar is undroppable, so there goes an inventory slot unless you change the flag in NI.
    jastey wrote: »

@Ryz009 That sounds like the usual "oops the action was supposed to stay with the other character but was executed by the NPC after interjecting" bug.
    Reload a save, kick Dave temporarily out of teh party, then tell Korax to leave.

On a technical side: the interjection needs a pass-back line so the actions are executed by Korax.

Heh cursed. Thanks :D
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,052
    I noticed that Glam's NPC Pack can cause issues when installed with EET because of these lines in the installer:

noay4ttys0s7.png

You can get rid of all of the lines in the screenshot, they aren't joinable NPCs and shouldn't be in that 2da file anyway. It would then fix the issue that some users have reported.