Skip to content

Near-Infinity/EEKeeper to mod familiar.

XeracyXeracy Member Posts: 3

I am just trying to increase my cat familiar's lockpicking stat to be the thief my party doesn't have. I've tried both Near-Infinity and EEKeeper to change the "FAMCAT" creature,it to FAMCAT.CRE and dropped it into my BGEE's override folder.

When I reload my saved game, there' no change.

I've also tried to import the FAMCAT.CRE into my saved game ("BALDUR.SAV").

Anyone know what i am doing wrong?

I know other people have made familiar mods, however I would like to experiment with more changes to my game in the future.

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    You might need to start a new game.
  • XeracyXeracy Member Posts: 3
    ouch... i was hoping that wouldnt be the answer... ty though
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Actually, it is possible to change with NI or EEKeeper. I would recommend using EEKeeper unless you really know what you are doing.

To do this, open your save in EEKeeper and select "edit out of party characters" from the "tools" drop down menu. You will then be able to edit all NPC's you have met that are currently not in your party as well as the familiar. Note: Only the neutral familiars have the dialog, class, and GUI support to use thieving skills.

jed3rz6dtsb7.png
  • XeracyXeracy Member Posts: 3
    thank you, i realized that the latest version was crashing when opening the edit out of party characters" window. This is a known bug. I tried the previous major revision (EE Keeper 1.0.3.0) and had no issue editing the cat in my saved game.

I appreciate the help.