Skip to content

Bug in Aldeth & Seniyad

JhoneyGJhoneyG Member Posts: 3
Following my post here:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/228280/discussions/7/1639787494964557194/

I've got a bug that doesn't allow Seniyad to recognize Jaheira in my group, and also causes crushes in dialogs or after killing Aldeth and talking to Seniyad (or maybe it's a different bug ¯\_(ツ)_/¯).

Anyway, If I manage not to crush the game in the dialog, Killing Seniyad is my only option that doesn't crush, and I don't want to take that route. :) please help?

Attached the save file + Crush report

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @AstroBryGuy can you look at this please?
  • JhoneyGJhoneyG Member Posts: 3
    Small update, after advancing a bit in the story and reaching Bulder's gate, I've returned to try and complete this quest, I've accidentally returned without Jaheira and the dialog was perfect!
    I then loaded an earlier save, got Jaheira, returned, and again crush right after the first 2 dialogs.
    It's leading me to believe that the bug is with the rule that allows Seniyad to recognize Jaheira and mention it.
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    @JhoneyG: Do you have any mods installed? I can load up the attached save and the dialog works fine -

The crash dmp you provided indicates the engine crashed while trying to look up a state index. Most likely either Jaheira's or Seniyad's dialog file has been corrupted.
  • JhoneyGJhoneyG Member Posts: 3
    I am unaware of any mods installed, could this be version related? patch? steam? anyway I could check what exactly causes the crush?
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    edited June 2019
    We can try to troubleshoot it further:

Are there any files in the "override" folder of your game installation? If your game is unmodded there should be no files in this directory. In particular, if you see "JAHEIJ.DLG" or "SENIYA.DLG" in override it is most likely causing the problem.

If you have the game on steam you could also try validating it by right clicking it in the list => Properties => LOCAL FILES => VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES. It is safe to do this because you have stated that you are not running any mods; for anyone else who stumbles on this thread: do not verify a modded game!

If all else fails, you can always uninstall the game and reinstall it, removing all doubt that the crash is being caused by a mod.

Edit: And no, your version / patch / steam shouldn't be causing this problem, as I am running the same exact setup as you. There is a very low chance that it could be hardware related, but let's try everything else before coming to that conclusion.