Skip to content

[mod] Yoshimo's Remorse

Comments

• ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 877
    This mod looks intriguing.
    Are there any crossmod banters for ToB Yoshimo (e.g., with Yvette)?
    Also, what is the "dual class" option? Does this assume that Yosh was dual classed back in SoA (before Spellhold)?
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,702
    Sorry, I don't recall writing any Yoshimo's Remorse crossmod talks, but I believe they may come in the future.

As for the dual class: there are two options:
    Bounty Hunter 10 / Fighter
    Bounty Hunter 13 / Fighter

That works for ToB only. If you're continuing SoA game, his class should be detected.
    edited February 2021
    Thanks for the quick replies! :smile:
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    edited March 2021
    41jyr6zb9rdi.jpg

Just to report.

If I tell him to wait first before he joins, and he will become hostile, everyone else will quickly attack him (when AI is on) and he almost dead... :'(

Everything return to normal after he joins the party.

---

After 20 years, finally I got to see him back :'(

• xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    edited March 2021
    deleted. Should be no problem.
    I used this mod in my most recent run through the tetralogy. It was great to have Yoshimo rejoin the party after his tragic downfall in SoA. And I liked the role of the Messenger of Ilmater in facilitating Yoshimo's return (it nicely connected to the quest of giving Yoshimo's heart to an Ilmaterite shrine in SoA).

The only problem I encountered was a dialogue that Yoshimo has with Mazzy that had a "no valid replies" in it. I've attached a screenshot of the dialogue.

Thanks for another great mod LavaDelVortel! B)
    Thanks! Will investigate next time!
    And remember this one was created not just by me but also @jmaeq - I was to abandon it then she helped, finished some things, wrote some dialogues tested, fixed things... :)
  • Skull_BearerSkull_Bearer Member Posts: 71
    It doesn't seem like it's working for me, how should the mod start so I can work out what might be going on?
    You meet him in ToB, after the first Pocket Plane test. If it's a ToB-only game, then he should just be there, if it's continued SoA game, then you need to make sure you finished the quest that tells you to take his heart to a temple in Athkatla.
    Hmm, I did the first test and there isn't anything. What global variables should I be looking for?
    But is it a new, ToB-only game, or have you played Shadows of Amn. If you played SoA, then the main concern should be if you did his original heart quest (upon his death in Spellhold, his heart drops and it needs to be taken to the temple of Ilmater).

Not completing this quest in SoA+ToB game results in YOSHIMOISDOOMED variable being set to 1, which blocks the Remorse content. I don't think there is any other requirement.
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    But is it a new, ToB-only game, or have you played Shadows of Amn. If you played SoA, then the main concern should be if you did his original heart quest (upon his death in Spellhold, his heart drops and it needs to be taken to the temple of Ilmater).

Not completing this quest in SoA+ToB game results in YOSHIMOISDOOMED variable being set to 1, which blocks the Remorse content. I don't think there is any other requirement.

Does his heart always drop? I haven't played a PC who did it recently, but I don't recall whether he always tries to explain himself and consign his heart to Ilmater or whether you can reject him sufficiently that that's not an option.
    This is how heart is created by YOSHIMOX.BCS
    IF
    	Die()
    	!StateCheck(Myself,STATE_STONE_DEATH)
    THEN
    	RESPONSE #100
    		CreateItem("miscbu",0,0,0)  // Yoshimo's Heart
    		DropInventory()
    		Continue()
    END

And Yoshimo is given that script during Spellhold cutscene(s).
  • jmaeqjmaeq Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2022
    Does his heart always drop? I haven't played a PC who did it recently, but I don't recall whether he always tries to explain himself and consign his heart to Ilmater or whether you can reject him sufficiently that that's not an option.

Yoshimo's heart should always drop (unless he was turned to stone beforehand, then destroyed... I think), provided he is in your party at Spellhold during his big reveal.
    I am continuing a SoA game, and I completed Yoshimo's heart quest, but when I checked the YOSHIMODOOMED variables they were set to 1. Should I restart ToB from a SoA save with the variable set to 0?
    Just use C:SetGlobal("YOSHIMODOOMED","GLOBAL",0) console command on a save just before the first Pocket Plane test.
    Hmm, I tried that, and still nothing happens. What is the code for this illmater messenger so I can try and port him in manually?
    I gave you wrong variable: C:SetGlobal("YYYoshimoDoomed","GLOBAL",0) is the right code.
    I tried that variable, and it still doesn't work. What should I be doing to trigger the messenger?
    I told you already: the variable must be 0, and you must finish 1st Pocket Plane test. Unless you also romanced Yoshimo: if you romance him, the Remorse is not available.

These are the checks:
    Global("YYStart","GLOBAL",0)
    GlobalGT("BeginChallenge1","GLOBAL",2)
    !Global("YYYoshimoDoomed","GLOBAL",1)
    !Global("YoshimoRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
    OR(2)
    GlobalLT("YoshimoRomanceTalk","GLOBAL",18)
    Global("YoshimoRomanceTalk","GLOBAL",0)

Also note the messenger appears near the Fate Spirit.
    Still nothing, I don't know what's going on. I've been redoing from the beginning of ToB and still it doesn't work :(
  • jmaeqjmaeq Member Posts: 91
    Still nothing, I don't know what's going on. I've been redoing from the beginning of ToB and still it doesn't work :(

I'm going to start a fresh ToB game and change the necessary variables to see if I can recreate your issue. Will get back to you soon!
    I tried it with a new TOB game and it worked, so the installation works.
    These are my variables:
    iec3bcn8h3d1.png
    Okay, finally got it to work by setting YYStart to 1 and porting the messenger in manually. Phew.
    You romanced Yoshimo: your romance talk is set to 26 and the condition is:
    GlobalLT("YoshimoRomanceTalk","GLOBAL",18) => LT stands for LOWER THAN.

Furthermore, I do not see Global("yoshimos_heart","GLOBAL",1) which would suggest you did not complete the original quest. The variable is set by the priest of Ilmater.

It's also mentioned at Yoshimo's forum:
    Romance can be installed, but if you romance him and it will become advanced (have a couple of talks and not stop it from continuing), then Remorse content will be blocked - also because romantic content cause certain things to happen later in the game.
    And that is why I mentioned in this thread:
    Unless you also romanced Yoshimo: if you romance him, the Remorse is not available.

And romance in your game got pretty advanced, even if not completed successfully.

If you keep him now, you may experience story inconsistencies, because the Remorse assumes you two were normal companions, that no romantic allusions were made and that you talked just a bit and it looks like you had like... ~10 additional talks.
    I returned the heart and did not romance him.
    edited August 2022
    You yourself pasted your variables: it says YOSHIMOROMANCETALK 26.

To reach that value you made Yoshimo tell you about his family, played a game of dice, bonded with you more than normally, even though it's against his quest. He gave you his scarf as the night was quite cold etc, put it on your neck... All happening during talks with unique music etc. Value 26 also means he realized already that this is going too far.

So while Yoshimo's talks aren't jumping right to sex, the two of you bonded more than normally. You experienced ~10 additional talks rather than keeping it quiet with him.

BTW, it looks like you installed Yoshimo Romance, Yoshimo Friendship, and Yoshimo Remorse all at once so that's A LOT for just one character. And yes, you can do that, I made all I could to prevent bugs from happening, but when making such a composition you should be more careful and there were hints that these talks were more personal. Not just by the talks themselves, which are more open and include personal information about his past + the music which is an indicator of romance talks even in the original game.
    Post edited by LavaDelVortel on
  • storluffarnstorluffarn Member Posts: 2
    Some thread necromancy here, but I just managed to tweak my global variables to initiate the content of the yoshimo remorse mod.

Premisses: I did not use Yoshimo at all in SoA. Applying the below solution after the Serevok conversation during the first visit to the pocket plane. Running mod version 3.0.1.

Solution: Set relevant flags (e.i. global variables) as indicated in the attached picture. Then in the pocket plane, spawn YYAva from the console with C:CreateCreature("YYAva"), or CreateCreature("YYAva") if you for some obscure reason is *not* using SCS.

6mpapf4721rm.png