Skip to content

What news would make you happiest?

ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
I check in here fairly compulsively and the following are what I would love to see

- Aura and Drake NPC mods being ready to go in BG2
- SoD NPCs being playable in BG2
- Some sort of new playable class, maybe a psionic class, otherwise a new fun class combo like druid / thief
- Some sort of new adventure based upon the engine, maybe Icewind Dale 1.5 set between IWD 1 & 2 but with joinable NPCs like in BG

Realistically only the first point is likely to happen but it would be great to be wrong

What news would make you particularly happy?

Comments

• jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Top choice by far for me would be a BG 2.5 that sets the stage for BG3. A lot of DOS/DOS2 players are only dimly aware of BG/BG2 but might well be inspired to try them if BG3 sells anywhere near as well as DOS/DOS2 did.
  • iNtuiNtu Member Posts: 37
    edited August 2019
    Playing a bg1 prequel.
    Options:
    1. Gorions story, him being a PC, younger version, some awesome adventure ending up with saving some kids in the end, you know who =) also with another kid having a less positive outcome story, who would grow up and become Sarevok. Some Jaheira and Khalid youth story too.
    2. Some protagonist adventure at the times when Gods walked the Earth, the actual beginning of Bhaalspawns. (or perhaps even antagonist pc)
    3. I could say Bhaal in human form himself, but... Idk... Fighting other gods in human forms would be cool, but main quest would be what... Chatting up different race females and sleeping with them? That could be a strange game.

Actually, scratch that 3rd option, we already have Bhaalspawns fight each other and it wouldnt be anything new or different with god avatars.

I want a redemption story of Gorion. His friendship with Elminster. Showing Gorions prowess and wisdom. Making it even more dramatic that old age takes its toll in the end and he can no longer protect Bhaalspawns.Or perhaps something happens by the end of aprequel leaving him quite weak, idk..
    I want some harper business, Jaheira and Khalid being some youngsters dreaming of entering the ranks of harpers, meeting with Gorion, perhaps becoming some kind of potential apprentices. Maybe something bad happening to Khalid(yet again), saving him from some gruesome fate , him having some traumatic experience and repercussions. Jaheira helps save him, worries about him and develops some kind of a protectionist love for him or out of pity idk, she is just that type of a person. Anyway there may be a reason why she will not want him to be brought back to life in bg2, due to her knowledge what happened to him before, and not wanting him to suffer even further mentally, and also him becoming even bigger burden for her.
    Yeah maybe im too negative about Jaheira, but all churches provide resurrections at certain price, it must be common knowledge, logic that both her and PC in bg2 were not powerful enough for such act at the time just doesnt stand, she didnt want him to come back, she grieved but she sealed his fate herself. Anyway...
    Gorions inability to save Sarevok as a child, leaving him for a worse life and fate. Something like this, im probably already repeating =)

Oh yeah, one more thing. Khalid could be also a Bhaalspawn. It was just decided that he will remain with Jaheira, maybe she asked Gorion for this, that she would be with him always, protect and keep an eye for him, plus too many Bhaalspawn under one roof wouldnt be a good idea in terms of their safety anyway. That might be the reason why he would get into big trouble in the first place. It would also explain why Irenicus tortured him, making his first attemt at learning what Bhaalspawns are made of, choosing the weaker one to experiment on, in his option, leaving Imoen next for his sister and of course one with the best potential(PC) for himself.
    Post edited by iNtu on
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited August 2019
    CMT multi for bg games.
    No more war, exploitation and oppression in the RW.
    A society more oriented towards moral self improvement, collaboration and friendly relationship instead of business, competition and over production of goods that last few time and are environmentally heavy to produce and to recycle.
    A drastic reduction of the time the copyright last, maybe reverting it to the original 14 years, if i am not wrong. I know that is actually needed to have an healthy intellectual and artistic production and that Goethe and Shakespeare produced only crap as at their time copywright did not exist, but we are talking of what would make us happy and an artistic production more in the hands of the people instead of the majors and corporations would make me so. And mine is not a suggestion to violate any law, i only wish that the law is changed, so imho i am not violating the forum rules.

All that is not listed in relevance order, the thing i wish more is to give peace a chance.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited August 2019
    Now that @jastey has released her Imoen 4 Ever mod Baldur's Gate is pretty close to perfect for me, so I am already pretty gosh darn happy. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/76098/mod-imoen-4-ever-experience-the-bg-saga-with-imoen-and-the-beginning-of-soa-without-pressure/p1

But like @ilduderino I am a Brit and the thing that would make me happiest would be if we had a referendum and decided this should be our national anthem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4ZZtkYTI3o

• VerticorVerticor Member Posts: 119
    I'd trip over myself, if an expansion for IWD:EE was released. New areas, items, monstrosities and fools to dice.

And stat tomes. Especially tomes. My parties need that shit pronto!!!
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Verticor wrote: »
    And stat tomes. Especially tomes. My parties need that shit pronto!!!

I love my tomes. I can't understand why only BG1 has them. All the other games would be much better if they had tomes.

• Paulan969Paulan969 Member Posts: 13
    Where the hell is Eldoth?!
    I love my tomes. I can't understand why only BG1 has them. All the other games would be much better if they had tomes.

YES!!! Tomes would be so much better, if they had more games to be put in. Are you even listening, Beamdog???
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Keeping Yoshimo. He's such an interesting character that I never take with me anymore. His kit is cool as Hell and he can dual to fighter if you want! Such a waste...
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Verticor wrote: »

YES!!! Tomes would be so much better, if they had more games to be put in. Are you even listening, Beamdog???

Trials definitely used to have a tome, did they remove it?
    It was there the last time I passed through.
    Paulan969 wrote: »
    Where the hell is Eldoth?!

The devs thought his poison arrows were too overpowered for SoA.
  • BertleBertle Member Posts: 49
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    Keeping Yoshimo. He's such an interesting character that I never take with me anymore. His kit is cool as Hell and he can dual to fighter if you want! Such a waste...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a mod for this? I haven't personally used it myself so can't speak for how good it is, but I remember seeing that somewhere. But might help if you want to replay using Yoshimo to his fullest!
    edited August 2019
    Bertle wrote: »
    Balrog99 wrote: »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a mod for this? I haven't personally used it myself so can't speak for how good it is, but I remember seeing that somewhere. But might help if you want to replay using Yoshimo to his fullest!

Yeah but I don't have the patience for modding anymore. Other than xp cap removers I play modless now.

Edit: Years ago, before the EE's I spent months building the perfect BGT mega-mod. It had everything in it! Unfortunately, when my old lap-top died, I lost everything. Now that I'm older I find that I dont have the time to deal with it. Plus, anything I did would have to compete with that memory of perfection...