Skip to content

MacOS Catalina

Hello,

Is it true that one has to hold back for now in what concerns updating to Catalina? I presume the 64-bit client is coming soon?

Best

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    The development build (available from the Beamdog Client and Steam) is 64bit. We're working towards a stable patch, but there is no ETA at the moment.
    functor
  • functorfunctor Member Posts: 8
    The development build (available from the Beamdog Client and Steam) is 64bit. We're working towards a stable patch, but there is no ETA at the moment.

I presume the dev build cannot be used to play on stable build servers?
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    I don't see a problem here.

BG1EE, SoD, and BG2EE run on Catalina. The Beamdog client too.

Sure, run means: Startable; I haven't had the time to actually play.

The latest WeiDU package comes with 64bit executables for WeiDU, weinstall, mospack, mosunpack, tispack, and tisunpack. I've tested WeiDU and weinstall without problems so far. So installing mods should be possible in principle. I expect problems, because some mods contain macos binaries including WeiDU, they are probably 32bit and will not run.

EEKeeper doesn't run on Catalina yet.
  • SymphonySymphony Member, Developer Posts: 142
    @StefanO I can understand the confusion given that there's no indication in the title or content of this post or its replies, but, this is a question about Neverwinter Nights EE, which is officially still on 8186 32-bit, with 64-bit development builds available for demo for testing. It was posted in the Neverwinter Nights Technical Support sub-discussion, so, you probably noticed it in the forum-wide newest posts.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    functor wrote: »

I presume the dev build cannot be used to play on stable build servers?

Most likely, yes. Also, as I understand, the development build is only in English, without additional localizations.

We are aware the new Mac release doesn't support 32bit apps and games anymore. Our dev patches are iterating towards stable at best possible speed, but we have a couple of big things and a crash or two to take care of before we can deliver.
  • functorfunctor Member Posts: 8
    I thank various people for all the replies. Better to wait to be 100% sure, I presume.
  • OclairOclair Member Posts: 1
    Wow so great they are already on it!
    JuliusBorisov
  • ForgestormForgestorm Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2019
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    The 64-bit version of NWN:EE is already in the Development Builds currently available on Steam at the moment
    JuliusBorisov
    edited October 2019
    And if you don't use Steam? perhaps you use GOG.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    In that case you'll have to wait for the next stable patch to hit all platforms. No idea when that is coming but as we just had 3 dev builds a stable build should not be far off.
    JuliusBorisov
    So updates on the 64 bit version
    MacOS Catalina released October 7th 2019 .. Beamdog imminent release of 64 bit version "not that far off" is that not that far off in months years or decades.
  • DazDaz Member Posts: 125
    Good news, the 64bit update was released earlier today!
    JuliusBorisov
    Daz wrote: »
    Good news, the 64bit update was released earlier today!

Correct. https://steamcommunity.com/games/704450/announcements/detail/1700601856699270961