Skip to content

Disco Elysium, An Isometric RPG with text-based gameplay

2»

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    eh i'd still say the mystery is still the focus. everything else just circles around it.

this may be inspired by planescape torment but who your character is is more a subplot then the main focus of the narrative.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Interesting to read your different takes on this game. I've been waiting, not in a rush, thinking I will pick it up once it goes down a bit in price, but the 'political polemic' doesn't sound incredibly fun. And at the same time I have kept myself completely spoiler free thinking if I do play it one day, it should be a blind run.

Anyways, just a sidenote not adding much to the discussion per se. Was just interesting as said to see how different people feel for a game.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited July 2021
    I finished the game, 48 hours total. Managed to dot the i's and cross the t's, complete all quests and find all the info I was looking for. This is an unforgettable experience, I can recommend the game.

The biggest impressions from the game: dialogues with your feelings, dice rolling (consequences for failure), the atmosphere, the art style, and the VO!

I already want to play their next game in the same universe, hoping to see how the stories about X and Y (basic world-building topics
    the Pale
    La Responsilite
    Disco Elysium
    ) evolve and develop.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited August 2021
    Disco Elysium has set the bar for non-combat, narrative-focused RPG with good writing and engaging, thought-based skill checks.

The Drop Bear Bytes team announced a new game - Broken Roads, another narrative-focused isometric RPG, and they are "putting tons of time into the dialogue, story, characters and quests. It is a narrative-driven RPG through and through". Let's hope Broken Roads will be a good game as well.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1403440/Broken_Roads/

ss_e0fca43c0fc739ccf12013109dbce43cc3ce8a15.1920x1080.jpg?t=1629806232