Skip to content

Looking for RPG or JRPG

2»

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    ps1 rpgs in general have aged just fine. if anything alot of jrpgs age better then alot of crpgs of that era.

Completely agree. Most of my favorite RPGs are on that system. Legend of Mana, Suikoden 1 and 2, and Wild Arms among them.

for me it's snes, ps1 and ps2 jrpgs. after that it becomes alot more hit and miss.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Sega had some great stuff too. Phantasy Star 4 anyone?
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    yeah, but for me these are too old.
    Cvijeta wrote: »

Why? Good games are good games.
    edited November 2019
    ThacoBell wrote: »

Sometimes they look ugly and immersion breaking
    Sometimes they don't work on completely on win10 (Drakensang)
    Sometimes their performance is poor.
    Anything I've posted is either recent, had an HD re-release recently (Grandia!), or would easily run with emulation (Phantsy Star 4).
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited November 2019
    Anything I've posted is either recent, had an HD re-release recently (Grandia!), or would easily run with emulation (Phantsy Star 4).

To be fair, everyone has their thing and @Cvijeta has made it pretty clear they are looking for modern games. I mean, if I made a thread and said I only wanted classic games (even if it wasn't the original post), I would react the same when if somebody suggested something like Final Fantasy XV.

However, it might be good to clarify in the original post what not to suggest since lots of people, including me, have suggested games that you clearly aren't interested in @Cvijeta.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666

Sometimes they look ugly and immersion breaking
    Sometimes they don't work on completely on win10 (Drakensang)
    Sometimes their performance is poor.

thats fine. some people can't get into older stuff

for me personally i'm at an age where i rather play alot of the older stuff i played back in the day or have not yet as opposed to newer AAA games.

To be fair, everyone has their thing and @Cvijeta has made it pretty clear they are looking for modern games. I mean, if I made a thread and said I only wanted classic games (even if it wasn't the original post), I would react the same when if somebody suggested something like Final Fantasy XV.

However, it might be good to clarify in the original post what not to suggest since lots of people, including me, have suggested games that you clearly aren't interested in @Cvijeta.

Honestly? I love BG2 EE and NWNEE and even have wonderful playtime with Drakensang the Dark Eye and Icewind Dale II. I'm not that opposed.
    Just I'm bit pickier when it comes to older games.
    edited November 2019
    Considering Knights of the Chalice, but feel like 16€ is bit big for that. Would you go for it in my spot?
    Although expensive, when searching for other games, I kept thinking about Knights, so I bought that, along with the Serpent in the Stagland.
    Also bought Ara Fell and Driftland.