Skip to content

Need a BGEE mod compiler

Wizer13Wizer13 Member Posts: 65
Hi everyone,

I don't really know the real term of what I'm looking for.

I need a tool which would compile all of the files of the campaign I'm creating into a sole .mod file, so I can use ModMerge and allow it to be used on the Steam version of BGEE. It's the only step I'm missing to test it out.

Or compile it into a .exe, would already be a step forward.

I've looked for a compiler, an installer, but all results only give me mod that allows installation of existing mods, not compile my own with automatic links etc. etc.

If you know what I'm looking for, thanks in advance!

Comments

• fearlessfearless Member Posts: 40
  • Wizer13Wizer13 Member Posts: 65
    Thx @fearless!
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Guess it's worth mentioning that it's not currently working... Summoning @argent77 for confirmation....
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    edited November 2019
    Luke93 wrote: »
    Guess it's worth mentioning that it's not currently working... Summoning @argent77 for confirmation....

Confirmed.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    edited November 2019
    I have some custom .mod/.zip DLC archives that work, the only caveat is that the last file (alphabetically) in each folder of the archive is ignored, so I just add an empty "zzz.txt" file to each. They don't contain any .bif or .key files though, everything is in either a lang or override folder.
  • Wizer13Wizer13 Member Posts: 65
    K4thos from Gibberlings3 sent me another way to do what I need. Ill give feedback in another thread if it works out. Thx you all for your time. Steam sure didnt make it easy to implent new campaigns...
    kjeron wrote: »
    I have some custom .mod/.zip DLC archives that work, the only caveat is that the last file (alphabetically) in each folder of the archive is ignored, so I just add an empty "zzz.txt" file to each. They don't contain any .bif or .key files though, everything is in either a lang or override folder.

If that's true, then what's the problem with the DLC Builder (provided you had a chance to look at it....)?
    If that's true, then what's the problem with the DLC Builder (provided you had a chance to look at it....)?
    That's too complex for me.
    kjeron wrote: »
    That's too complex for me.

I see.
    How did you create your DLC archives then?
    How did you create your DLC archives then?
    They are just .zip archives:
    archive.zip->
    • lang->
      • en_US->
        • dialog.tlk
        • zzz.txt
      • zzz.txt
    • override->
      • files...
      • zzz.txt
    • zzz.txt