Skip to content

[Bug] Party member DO NOT comply to their orders the first time !

Comments

• KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    I can confirm that this plagued me throughout my first playthrough. Hopefully it'll get fixed.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Hope it gets fixed soon
  • Rush_that_speaksRush_that_speaks Member Posts: 36
    Still hasn’t been fixed as of patch 2011.

PS. I think bugs that concern game mechanics should have pretty high priority. Definitely higher than Nietzsche quote which you can’t even read because it disappears too fast.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    I agree. A fix is much needed here. One of the top issues in single player, in my opinion.
  • CastorpCastorp Member Posts: 45
    edited December 2012
    Yes, it's the most annoying remaining bug. In dungeons especially, where maneuvering is already difficult, it is positively infuriating when a character gets killed because he refuses to listen to orders.
    Next patch?
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    edited December 2012
    I believe that assigning a script different than "default" fixes the problem.
    That, or it s been corrected.
    I dont have that bug anymore myself (just checked yesterday, and it s been a while since I have been bothered by that bug)
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    Aranthys said:

I believe that assigning a script different than "default" fixes the problem.
    That, or it s been corrected.
    I dont have that bug anymore myself (just checked yesterday, and it s been a while since I have been bothered by that bug)

Then they shall fix the script FFS...

PS : I have checked this morning, even with deactivated AI I got this bug.
    Yeah, the AI script does not seem to be making a difference. Bug is still there, you just need to click fast enough after selecting your dude.
  • Not only do I have this problem, but also, my character (not npc) doesn't attack/acknowledge commands. That is from the beginning of the game in the practice fights of Candlekeep. Lets say I give an order to attack and look at the list of attackers, the other party members will attack at least 4-5 times before my character does...

Anyone else has this issue?
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    edited December 2012
    Daeult said:

Not only do I have this problem, but also, my character (not npc) doesn't attack/acknowledge commands. That is from the beginning of the game in the practice fights of Candlekeep. Lets say I give an order to attack and look at the list of attackers, the other party members will attack at least 4-5 times before my character does...

Yes, it has been reported here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10811/bug-candlekeep-fighting-illusions-in-obes-warehouse

However, it has been said that this issue ONLY happens during the training session and not during the rest of the game.

Apparently, the problem is related to Osprey, who is one of your party members during that training session. Killing her (or "CTRL-Y"ing her, if you have cheat codes installed) seems to resolve the problem.

EDIT: I've just tried the training session again, and this time killing Osprey did NOT resolve the problem.
    Post edited by SharGuidesMyHand on
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Daeult said:

Not only do I have this problem, but also, my character (not npc) doesn't attack/acknowledge commands. That is from the beginning of the game in the practice fights of Candlekeep. Lets say I give an order to attack and look at the list of attackers, the other party members will attack at least 4-5 times before my character does...

The practice fights lag problem is found. Osprey's wand causes a script to go haywire. Drop the wand and it will work. A fix is being worked on.
  • omega88omega88 Member Posts: 5
    After fifth update I still experience two very annoying bugs:

1. My team characters often react with no action on my commands. They do not move to the position I point, which is a quite inconvenience during combat.
    2. This new character, monk from Naskhel, doesn't want to join my party. I encountered this bug on the last chapter of the game. When I try to iniciate dialog, he agrees to join but a second later he says something about leaving, and leaves. He then enters the neares Inn and respawns at his normal position near the locals. The whole "process" starts again.
  • Boy495Boy495 Member Posts: 7
    I bought this game today and among other issues, I'm suffering from this "left-click your PC" bug. I have to wait a second after left clicking my characters before they can be given a command to move (BlackPits, OC, etc...). If I don't wait, they simply repeat their Selection Sound, and stay put. They will move normally if I drag a box around a specific character, but that's a bit of a hassle. Has a solution been found to this problem, or will it be addressed in an upcoming patch? This is a fundamental issue for me, as I'm very used to being able to click on my PCs normally (as per the previous IE games). :(
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    Bug still present, this is the most annoying bug now after one month of release. You have to give every order twice to the characters, they run into melee range despite of using bows, and clerics can't use turn close to the enemies bec. the characters shifts back to fight. (This all despite of turning of the "lantern".)
    edited December 2012
    Just to let you know, this bug is caused by the default script assigned to your characters.
    To circonvent the problem, just assign another script to them ( Character Sheet > Customize > Script)

Edit.: Actually, I can't reproduce the problem anymore even with the default script.
    Might be due to your old save maybe ? Do you still have the problem if you start a new game ?
  • Boy495Boy495 Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2012
    I started a new a game and the problem persists. I tried a number of scripts, but still no change as well.

These work fine, and lets your character carry out a command right away:
    -Right-clicking
    -Dragging a box around a character
    -Pressing "1", for example, to select your character

Everything except the usual left-clicking, which requires a 0.5s - 1s wait before giving a command, else it will not be obeyed.

The behavior is as such:

Left-click character - Gallus - "I stand ready"
    Left-click to move character - Gallus - "I stand ready" (No movement)
    Post edited by Boy495 on
    Weird, just reproduced the problem. Ah, well, nevermind then :D
  • DafojkDafojk Member Posts: 111
    This bug has been there since launch. Hope this will be fixed early 2013.

Happy newyear :)
  • ArturArtur Member Posts: 35
    edited January 2013

A new patch and this simple yet VERY annoying bug still persists? C'mon...

They have yet to get around fixing the misplaced door-sprite (at night) of the house in the far west within the friendly arm which has been reported since forever so don't expect any miracles soon.

Back on topic: I'm glad someone already mentioned it, since I was getting fed up with this problem as well, even going as far as making a habit out of clicking on the same spot twice with an interval of one second every time I try to move my characters to a specific spot.
    Artur said:

Back on topic: I'm glad someone already mentioned it, since I was getting fed up with this problem as well, even going as far as making a habit out of clicking on the same spot twice with an interval of one second every time I try to move my characters to a specific spot.

That's a good workaround, but to be honest (and without aiming to sound malicious) the way I'm personally avoiding dealing with this issue is playing BGT until it gets fixed. I just got way too frustrated with it too fast.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I've experienced it as well - I believe it's a serious bug, since it bothers you 99% of the time.
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    Yep, this and the missing & bad movies and the freezes bec. of it, and the messed up journal makes the multiplayer almost unplayable.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but I think this works: simply right-click to move instead of left-clicking. Still a little annoying, as I often forget to do this, and because of the fact that right-clicking doesn't work to attack, so you have to remember to go back switch back to left-click to attack.
  • DarKelPDarKelP Member Posts: 183
    -Current behavior:

When you click in the circle of any character and then click fast on ground (Left click), nothing happens.

-Expected behavior

When you click in the circle of any character and then click fast on ground, the character must move to that point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-sX45BNQaM
  • bloodcarverbloodcarver Member Posts: 24
    "This video is private"

And isn't it a duplicate of "characters ignore first command" that was reported some time ago? Do they respond to attack actions and stuff?
  • DarKelPDarKelP Member Posts: 183

"This video is private"

And isn't it a duplicate of "characters ignore first command" that was reported some time ago? Do they respond to attack actions and stuff?

Sorry, the video is public now.

Yes, I just found it: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7788/bug-party-member-do-not-comply-to-their-orders-the-first-time/p1

The bug only affects movement. No problem with attack actions nor stuff.

• bloodcarverbloodcarver Member Posts: 24
    DarKelP said:

Sorry, the video is public now.

No problem :)
    DarKelP said:

The bug only affects movement. No problem with attack actions nor stuff.

I was just asking. Video shows clearly it's movement bug all right.
  • Dr_AtomicDr_Atomic Member Posts: 50
    This is still not fixed as of patch 2012, it seems.
  • DafojkDafojk Member Posts: 111
    Patch had alot of great bugfixes, but this is a far more obvious one then eg. fixing a spelling error on step 6 of a random questline.

Challenge for the devs: I don't think you CAN fix this!

:)

Otherwise it would have been done long ago.
  • MeraMera Member Posts: 133
    I can confirm this is still present as of patch 2012 and it really needs to be fix asap.
    Fixing items and NPCs is important, don't get me wrong but bugs affecting core gameplay ie point and click should really be top top priority.