Skip to content

Probable script engine problem in NWN:EE

NizaronteNizaronte Member Posts: 1
edited January 2020 in Technical Support
Hello:

I want to report some unusual script-related behavior that occurs only in NWN:EE, it happened in a mod, but as it seems to be a script engine matter , it may be something affecting a wider scope. This is a mod I've been playing for years in the classic (non-enhanced) NWN - which I still have installed and where this save-game performs correctly- so I know it is not a mod bug, but an engine bug. Also it is a simple mod with no other dependencies ( no haks, No CEP, etc)

Steps to reproduce

1. Get and Install the "Blackguard III" mod from its link in nwn vault (BTW i got mine from the original vault, back in the days but it seems to be the same file here - v1.10-)
(as mentioned It doesn't require of any other file ).

2. Load attached save-game of Blackguard III (The Doom of Yartar) . It has the player character besides a door.

3. Open the door and go through it until a cut-scene is triggered.

4. Wait for the cut-scene to end , and after it finishes, a battle against two celestials begins.

5. Just fight and hurt any of the celestials

THE BUG: In the "classic" NWN v1.69 the battle is usually pretty hard because the angels heal and even resurrect each other. But in any EE version (pre and post Tyrants of the moonsea- last tried with 1.79 ) that behavior never happens, you can easily kill the celestials as they don't help each other (so the involved scripts are either not getting triggered or some of their statements are not properly executed).

As mentioned, you can try the save-game in the classic (non-enhanced) NWN v1.69 and it will run as intended, after an angel has been somewhat damaged (not so much) the other one will heal him fully, If one dies the other will try o resurrect him.

I hope this will be of interest of the developers. I went to the suggested Redmine site using the link for the NWN section provided in the announcement post " How to report bugs you find in NWN:EE" but I couldn't find a Registration link there, there is only a Sign in link, so I'm posting here. , (there was a Register link at the Help page and I did succesfully registered , but that login doesn't work for signing in at the NWN public bugs section - go figure)

Save-game attached to this post
Post edited by Nizaronte on

Comments