Skip to content

[Mod] Endless BG1 - A Mod for BG:EE, BG:SoD, BGT, and EET!

13»

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    The absolute best part is that Duke Eltan will stand there and say how eternally grateful they all are, as belt and Jannath are murdering you.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    @ThacoBell btw, EndlessBG1 is compatible with 2.6 since version7. I forgot to update the note in the first post.
    The mod updates to v8. The new version comes with a French version and some minor impovements as well as more support for Project Infinity. Thank you to @Gwendolyne , Machiavélique, and Shodead for the translation!

Changelog v8:

-French translation added.
    -hostile FF soldiers will no longer be hostile or disappear after Sarevok is defeated in the palace.
    -changed most checks for after Sarevok events from "!Dead("Sarevok")" to after the confrontation at the coronation event.
    -removed unneeded variable check from Transitions mod for item transfer to PC's chest.
    -added globally unique LABELs to support Project Infinity.
    The mod updates to v9 with three new optional components and other improvements! Component "Korlasz' Dungeon is in BG1" moves Koralsz' Tomb into BG1 after Sarevok's death. Transition to SoD / BGII then happens after it is done. Component "Fenster the Palace Healer Is in the Palace": places Fenster into the palace ground floor who will offer temple services. The component "Captain Corwin Is in the Palace" places Corwin into palace ground floor with no notable content.

Please note: The new components 14-16 are not considered in Transitions mod yet (v2.0 and lower). Component 14 ("Korlasz' Dungeon is in BG1") is probably incompatible with Transitions. Installing both will probably mess up the game. Also see compatibility notes in the component descriptions.

Changelog:

-New optional component "Korlasz' Dungeon is in BG1".
    -New optional component "Fenster the Palace Healer Is in the Palace".
    -New optional component "Captain Corwin Is in the Palace".
    -Added line to Hafiz so it doesn't sound like Sarevok is still alive if he's dead.
    -Main component: all unsolved journal titles will be closed.
    -Main component: Dilos and Benjy in FF headquarters should have a line if talked to after Sarevok's death.
    -Main component: companions will give farewell speech upon transition to BGII.
    -Main component (EET) : for direct transition to BGII (skip SoD), Imoen, Minsc, Jaheira will not have theyir equipment at the beginning of BGII.
    -More Flavor to Hero of Baldur's Gate: PC's bed in BG1 will have option to rest full night or until a certain hour of the day.
    -cutsom cres other than dukes will be removed in SoD / BGII (for compatibility with mods that reopen the areas).
  • TygaranTygaran Member Posts: 41
    edited January 2022
    Something seems glitchy at the final step, after finishing Korlasz Tomb. I talk to Belt, he thanks me and the other Duke take the books; some people say their goodbyes.... but then they do not leave and the conversation ends. I'm still at the palace. I try talking to Belt again, and the sequence repeats, gving the xp rewards, gold, and reward item all over again (tho the goodbye sequence only plays once).
    Tygaran wrote: »
    Something seems glitchy at the final step, after finishing Korlasz Tomb. I talk to Belt, he thanks me and the other Duke take the books; some people say their goodbyes.... but then they do not leave and the conversation ends. I'm still at the palace. I try talking to Belt again, and the sequence repeats, gving the xp rewards, gold, and reward item all over again (tho the goodbye sequence only plays once).

This is answered at G3, in case someone bowses here.
    EndlessBG1 updates to v10, mainly addressing the noticed incompatibility with original NPC interjections for the component "Korlasz' Crypt in BG1". The player also gets the keyring now when visiting the crypt for the first time.

Changelog:

-PC now gets keyring when visiting Korlasz' Tomb for the first time.
    -Original NPCs use SoD joined dialogue inside Korlasz' Crypt always.
    -Main component: reinserted variable checks from Transitions mod for compatibility.
    -Updated install order syntax for Project Infinity.
    -Updated description of component 14 in the readme.
    The mod updates to v12 with a fix for install on BG:EE.

Version 11 came with an Italian version by @improbabile I forgot to announce here!
    EndlessBG1 updates to v13 with a fix for Winski disappearing too early.

Chagelog:
    -Winski should not be gone before the PC went for Sarevok in the Undercity Temple.
    EndlessBG1 updates to v15 with a Spanish version! Thank you Inueb and ElGamerViejuno for the translation!

Changelog:

-Spanish version added, by Inueb and ElGamerViejuno.
    -Correct script name extension for script patching (compatibility code for JAP).

EndlessBG1 updates to v16!

Changelog:

-(BGT) Corrected wrong value for "start_bg1end_sod_cutscene" (by Ychap).
    -Install order syntax for PI now only considers mods that should be installed earlier. Mods that need to be installed after EndlessBG1 are only listed if their own metadata ini-file doesn't include a check.
  • trebuszętrebuszę Member Posts: 46
    Does anyone know if I need to start new game for this mod to work?

Also, does it make any difference if i install it after some of the NPC's (like Breagar or Brandock)?

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    The default assumption about mods is new mod(s) = new game.
    @trebuszę installing on a running game would work as long as you didn't enter the city yet.

Installing it after NPCs leads to the compatibility content not being installed. This could mean the NPCs do not properly leave when they are supposed to and / or do not take their personal items with them.

In short: I wouldn't rcommend it. prepare for glitches that might force you to leave the NPCs behind. I took care regarding the compatibility of the mods I made / am maintaining but it implies sticking to the install order.

In case you have Transitions mod, do not install EndlessBG1 after it (you wouldn't need its functionality in this case, anyway).
  • trebuszętrebuszę Member Posts: 46
    @jastey haven't got to the city this time yet, but i think i will leave this mod for new play-through. Haven't used the transitions mod either, i'm new to this open ending mods but they sound very promising.
    EndlessBG1 updates to v17 with minor fixes and changes!

Changelog:

-Korlasz' Crypt in BG1: NPCs should always use their SoD scripts while inside the crypt.
    -Duke Jannath should not ask for the tomes if Imoen already gave them to her.
    -More cleanup after Sarevok: Delthyr in ThreeOldKegs, Sorrel in NBaldursGate.
    -Journal entries that make no more sense after Sarevok's defeat should be closed or erased (work in progress).
    -Added compatibility note to readme for "BG1 NPCs in SoD"-Mods and dlg/bcs handling for "Korlasz' Dungeon in BG1": NPCs get their SoD dialogue and script assigned. If BG1 NPCs do not have an original SoD script they would have to be patched accordingly if a mod requires them to have one.
    EndlessBG1 updates to v18 with minor improvements and a revised Russian version by Ulpian!

Changelog:

-Revised Russian version, by Ulpian.
    -"Duke Eltan Is in the Palace": the mod added Duke Eltan will be removed after BG1 is finished to clear the area for mods that reopen the palace in EET(BGII).
    -Duke Eltan's body will be silently removed after Sarevok was defeated in case it wasn't brought to the Harbor master, either by the FF healers in Undercity or upon reentering the palace.
    -Corrected path to journal entries for ADD_JOURNAL.
    -Corwin should be removed after BG1 is over (fixed typo in script).
    -Harbour master should not accept Eltan's body after Sarevok is defeated.
    -(BG:EE, EET) Better journal handling after Sarevok is defeated. Translations of new lines by yota13 (Russian), Roberciiik (Polish), Frenzgyn (Italian), JohnBob (French), ElGamerViejuno (Spanisch).
    -All lines in tp2 should be in tra files.