Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Unable to install Beamdog client on new ubuntu link system

kstevens67kstevens67 Member Posts: 38
Hi all,

I had purchased the Baldur's gate series for a Mac OS computer some years ago which died about 6 months ago. I finally got around to purchasing a new computer. This one I bought from system76 running Pop OS! which is very much based on the latest ubuntu (19) OS. I logged into Beamdog and the games I purchased show on my account. I now want to install the Beamdog launcher as I understand the launcher now works on linux (yea!). I clicked on the launcher and it has a default selection "Open with USB Flasher" and to Save file. I tried both options which take me to the same place. I type in my authentication and it asks me to choose an .iso or .img that I want to flash or plug in a USB drive (which I don't have one). I am familiar with linux but this is quite new to me as I was expecting the client to just install. I tried the following so far.

sudo apt install libgnome-keyring-dev
sudo apt install libcanberra-gtk-module libcanberra-gtk3-module
sudo apt install libgconf2-4
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
sudo apt update
sudo apt install lib32stdc++6
sudo apt install libopenal1:i386
sudo apt install libgl1-mesa-glx:i386

Am I installing the client correctly or in the wrong area to get the Beamdog client working on Linux? I got the Install Install BeamDog option at https://store.beamdog.com/

Thanks all!

Kev