Skip to content

Shaman spirits.

I was wondering if there was a way to increase the travel range that the spirit from the shaman can travel?

Due to the limitations, not able to move or take action, or even directly control the summons. I would expect them to atleast have much larger range of travel from the shaman than they currently do.

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    edited February 2020
    You are able to move around quite a bit with practice. If you dance to summon spirits with text messages enabled, you'll see reports once a round that you are dancing. If you click to stop dancing just after such a report, you then have the best part of a round to move and then click to resume dancing before the next check. That enables you to do things like summon a full quota of spirits, then quickly move into sight of an enemy before retreating back behind your spirits once the enemy starts to react. You can also use the same type of tactic to drink potions from your inventory between checks.

Like anything else in the game, it requires practice, but this type of tactic makes the upgraded spirits from L6 onwards pretty formidable against most enemies (at least in the unmodded game).
    StummvonBordwehrmonicogorgonzola
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    @Grond0
    That literally sounds more like a hassle than fun. I'm mean I was fine with just sending imeon or to pull and drag her back to the summons.whikw trying to find ways to deal with archers.

I was hoping o could just tweak some variables to increase the movement range.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    You might like the Improved Shamanic Dance mod by @argent77 that allows shamans to move at a slower rate while dancing. That way you can easily extend the range of the spirits just by moving around.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/58676/mod-improved-shamanic-dance/p1
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Anything that increases your visual radius should work. Haven't gotten high enough level to toy around with how it interacts with the farsight spell.
    gorgonzola
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited February 2020
    DragonKing wrote: »
    @Grond0
    That literally sounds more like a hassle than fun.
    probably not too much hassle if you use the autopause on round end.
    surely the level of micro managing each player is willing to bear is different, i tend to micro manage a lot, others really hate to do it, but i would say that micro managing involves at least some skill an planning, while fixes like extending the shaman view field unbalance the game as he can basically spot every enemy without being spotted so he can explore the areas with no risk at all or in this case, like the case of a PI or simulacrum clone or the case of the use of other summons, allow to control the summons and send them to the battle without the real toon being ever seen from the enemy.

every player is free to play as he likes, as long as he is having fun, but in my experience such things decrease the challenge of the game so the fun, i would better decrease the level of difficulty or play story mode then resort in such things.

• DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    @gorgonzola
    Micromanaging is fun when it makes sens.

A rts such as rise of nation's it's fun.
    A tbs like the elemental series it's fun.

But i don't like adding extra micromanaging when it isn't needed.
    I never played bg with the pause, honestly when I even learned it had it, I had grown accustom to it not being there.

I also don't want to increase the characters view range, just the spirits chase range. Little different than how with other summons if they chase, they don't stop just inside the players line of site, they vanish vanish outside of it also until you pull them back or the player walks closer to them. That doesn't even unbalanced the game since in the little time I've played, the summons themselves aren't even all that over powered. I've been able to use them to tank smaller creatures but even a hobgoblin can kill them. Archers have been wrecking me. A lot of scripted fights either straight break the dance orplaces the enemy right onc @$$ which is game over.

I've actually does quite a few times currently, but to be fair it's just mc and imoen hanging out.
    gorgonzolaThacoBell