Skip to content

Shadows of Amn XP cap

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
At the request of @JuliusBorisov I have made a simple adjustment to the XP cap for BG2. With this file in your override folder you will stop leveling just before you get high level abilities. This mod is designed for those who don't want HLAs available in Shadows of Amn. You will still gain XP in the background, but you will not be able to level up until you remove the xpcap.2da file from your override folder. Remove the file when you reach ToB, or whenever you feel like getting your HLAs, and you will instantly gain all the levels for any experience you earned above and beyond the cap.

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    even if i hate the xp caps and probably will never use your mod i want to thank you.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    More options is always better! I won't use it, but I'm sure there's TONS of people who will be very happy to have this option.

Great job!
  • LoremasterLoremaster Member Posts: 212
    Always good to have more options on how you want to play your game. Thanks!

I would like an option to personally set the XP cap of the different parts of the game; ToS, SoD, SoA and ToB. That way a player can control the level advancement of the characters and thus the flow of the game somewhat, as fits his or her play style.