Skip to content

Anomen, ugh, where to start?

13»

Comments

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Ugh, Anomen. I remember when I found out he was the only romance option for my evil female PC; figured I'd give him a try, and after two banters with him I cast Flesh to Stone and left his petrified ass in the wilderness. Bring on Dorn! :)
  • Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    Anomen is a solid character, and actually gets a lot of character development. More so if you're a female PC and take the romance option.
  • Dalis918Dalis918 Member Posts: 37
    Personally speaking, I also like Anomen. Like a few people here have commented he experiences a heck of alot of character growth in his little story arc. Part of his problem really is that he feels insecure when compared to the PC. Afterall you did stop a war and fix all the problems in essentially a small country. He's only a squire and he expects alot from himself and doesn't want to humiliate himself in front of somebody he see's as being the epitome of what he wishes to be, a hero. Personally, I'd say to everybody to give him a chance and get him through his character arc and see to it he succeeds.

TLDR version: Once he finishes his character arc, he does mature and he becomes alot more likable.
  • IsabellaGrangerIsabellaGranger Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    That's all right. I've always had the feeling Anomen felt sour grapes towards charname, mostly at first banters within romance, when he literally tries to, I don't know if impress you, but he does try to convince you he *also* had some of 'heroic moments', right after telling you how lame was to be travelling along to you and not knowing a thing about each other... I mean, he actually hinted very clearly how jealous he felt about charname having defeated Sarevok and saving the Baldur's Gate, when he says ''I found hard to believe a woman alone could have commited such deeds'' ... Asks you about your travels and starts talking about his, which were, a little bit 'epic' too. Had to think hard on them, I think xD But yeah, he's got an streak of lack of matureness at the very beginning, yet improves and grows up... Mostly on ToB, when he literally is almost a blow of what he was in SoA... Ahh, give him a chance, he's actually very interesting. I think I've already said that one. xD
    As for the ''point the sword, I shall strike'' matter, well, I've got the spanish version of the game, and it was translated to a way it all makes sense. If it didn't already, because it's perfectly understandable he's referring to you, as asking *you* to point with *your* sword, the thing you want him to do. It's simply obvious.
    Aah, in the spanish version he's all like ''I'll strike where your sword points'', so... God. -.-