Skip to content

RPG's with great MARKSMANSHIP. Like Dragon's Dogma and Fallout New Vegas.

2»

Comments

• SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176
    Yep; some people hate grinding. I don't like but it is not a game killer for me. Ideally, XP by questing and no XP for combat like VtMB is.

I generally love to play as a sorcerer and sorcerer on DD is great, has a lot of powerful abilities, but the gameplay as one is really boring. You go fight a dragon as a sorcerer. IS casting a spell, after 20 seconds, a cutscene happens and ... Casting again, then re start chanting, interrupted by the dragon moving his wings, then re start to cast, then a harpy appears from nowhere and interrupts you.

I've heard that MHW is amazing too but what turned me off is the nonsensical artstyle. Is monster hunter similar to DD? Can i be a deadly marksman on MHW?
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    Skyrim has the most entertaining marksmanship of any games I've played and I'm not ashamed to say so.

People shouldn't be ashamed of Skyrim in general. It has alot of problems, but every single one of them can be fixed to anyone's personal preference (no matter what that is) by spending a day or two combing Nexusmods for what you want. And yeah, there is a reason the phrase "I always end up as a stealth archer" is pretty common when referring to Elder Scrolls V. It's because the bow mechanic feels way better than the melee and the magic does. One wonders how much better things would have been if EVERY dungeon had the kind of object interaction that Bleak Falls Barrow does (where you can shoot lamps to light the floor on fire, or lure the Dragur into traps and pendulums). It exists in other places, but they clearly put their best foot forward in the first major dungeon, and it was sporadic at best afterwards.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    edited July 2020
    jjstraka34 wrote: »
    Skyrim has the most entertaining marksmanship of any games I've played and I'm not ashamed to say so.

People shouldn't be ashamed of Skyrim in general. It has alot of problems, but every single one of them can be fixed to anyone's personal preference (no matter what that is) by spending a day or two combing Nexusmods for what you want. And yeah, there is a reason the phrase "I always end up as a stealth archer" is pretty common when referring to Elder Scrolls V. It's because the bow mechanic feels way better than the melee and the magic does. One wonders how much better things would have been if EVERY dungeon had the kind of object interaction that Bleak Falls Barrow does (where you can shoot lamps to light the floor on fire, or lure the Dragur into traps and pendulums). It exists in other places, but they clearly put their best foot forward in the first major dungeon, and it was sporadic at best afterwards.

For sure, I got hundreds of hours out of Skyrim by making huge mod setups. Civil war expansions so I can see large scale battles and fort defenses, spears along with spear animation mods, punch daggers and quarterstaves with animations as well, a mix of different perk alterations, new towns and quests, viewing the entire Imperial City in great detail and engaging in Cyrodilic court politics, the game is near endless at this point.