Skip to content

Ghost of Tsushima

CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
edited July 2020 in Off-Topic
Hello fellow forumites. Have any of you tried this game already? I must admit I'm tempted to buy it on my PS4 Pro. I miss a gaming experience I've had with RDR2. But on the other hand I didn't quite enjoy The Witcher 3. So is playing GoT more like playing W3 or RDR2?
Post edited by Cahir on

Comments

• CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Ok, decided to give it a go, which will probably be my last purchase on PS4. So far so good, the story is dexent, combat is super fun, visuals are very nice.

I must admit though, that I was spoled with RDR2 and I think they will be no game like it for a looong time (unless Rockstar decides to release RDR1 remake). But I'm trying to compare it more to W3 than RDR2. And I must admit, I like GoT more than W3.

Not sure if anyone tried it yet, but is there a way to do stralth kills in this game? I swear I could use it.
    edited July 2020
    Stealth kill is unlocked pretty quickly during the main plot. Now we're talking. One thing that I find better in W3 than in GoT is looting. In W3 there were literally tons and tons of very different things to loot, useful ot not, but still. In Got there is only couple of resources types and some Collectors stuff and that's it. Maybe there will be more various loot later, but I get the feeling it won't.

But apart from that I'm really enjoying the game and can recommend it to all open world games fsns. I'd say it's a mix of W3 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey, but without annoying mechanice and unnecessary complexity. It's not overwhelming and it's a very good thing in my opinions.

I'd say 8/10 at the moment.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Did you play Assassin's Creed Odyssey? If so, can you compare the two? I've been playing Odyssey and really enjoying it.
    @JuliusBorisov no, I didn't play Odyssey yet, but I watched couple of Let's Plays to have a better understanding of this game. I'd say, I don't particularly like open worlds with overabundance of various activities and this is probably one of the reasons I didn't enjoy W3 that much. And from what I saw, Oddysey took this feature to the next level. I think Sucker Punch found a perfect balance between the size of the world and the density of secondary activities. There is always a couple of things to bo at specific moment of playthrough, but you don't feel overwhelmed as what to do next, because there are dozens of question marks around. There were multiple situation in W3 when I was detailed for a couple of hours from finishing specific quest, because there were more and more activities popped up that required my "immediate attention". And I suspect this situation would be even worse in Odyssey. Haven't had that feeling in GoT just yet. But Im debating with myself for a long time now now if I should purchase Oddysey or not. There is a nice discount on PS Store now, so I may yet go for it. Undecided still.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    I can surely say that I'm enjoying Odyssey, stealth is very cool there. I like the humour and characters I meet, the overall feeling of Greece and of course the landscapes and the level of detail. I'm feeling as if I'm in Greece and can understand their old culture.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    The games on my list of "wait until it is discounted and then play it as you still have these games which you bought that needs to be completed." For example, I am finally getting into Horizon: Zero Dawn seriously and is the game I am focusing on the most ATM. That's how far behind I am in PS4 games.
    I can surely say that I'm enjoying Odyssey, stealth is very cool there. I like the humour and characters I meet, the overall feeling of Greece and of course the landscapes and the level of detail. I'm feeling as if I'm in Greece and can understand their old culture.

Oh forgot to add, that setting in GoT is something that interest me much more than the one in Oddysey. I only played Ezio Trilogy from the whole series, but AC then and AC now are completely different games.
    deltago wrote: »
    The games on my list of "wait until it is discounted and then play it as you still have these games which you bought that needs to be completed." For example, I am finally getting into Horizon: Zero Dawn seriously and is the game I am focusing on the most ATM. That's how far behind I am in PS4 games.

Yeah, since I bought new laptop I only buy PS4 exclusives for my PS4 Pro. That's why I will probably wait for Steam discount for Odyssey. Horizon Dawn is also on my radar as well as Death Stranding.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Horizon Dawn is amazing. Amazing story so far with a real sense of mystery. Steep learning curve IMO though when it comes to combating machines (but that also might be because I haven’t been upgrading my weapons through merchants).

Death Stranding is also on mine, but I heard mixed reviews so I’ll wait till it’s dirt cheap. You can also get Death Stranding on Steam now.
    edited August 2020
    I'm having a blast playing Ghost of Tsushima. I haven't had such a good time playing a computer game since Read Dead of Redemption 2. Tsushima is beautiful, secondary missions are interesting and some even quite long. There are some locations that are really hard to reach and it's quite fun to find a way to get to them. I like out fit and Weapon customization options. And combat is more fun than in Witcher 3. You need to learn to switch stances while fighting different opponents. To my surprise using a bow is really meaningful, I have used it quite a few times already. It's a deadly weapon. The same goes for bombs, which are a fantastic tool.

If this game pay RDR2 level of attention to details it would be truły magnificent. But there is only one Rockstar, I guess.