Skip to content

EET: Where do I put my mods?

Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
I have managed to mod the game in the past but it has always been a bit of a hit and miss affair. Now I am planning to do a full EET playthrough and I want to make sure I get things right from the start.

I have downloaded new versions of BGEE, SoD and BG2EE and I have downloaded the mods I plan to use. But am I putting the mods in the right place and in the right order?

Prior to installing EET I am planning to install the following into my SoD folder:

BGEE Classic movies
BG1 NPC project (plus music)
BG1 unfinished business

Then I am going to install EET in my BG2 folder.

Then I am going to install

Endless BG1 in my SoD folder
Imoen 4 Ever in my BG2 folder
EET tweaks in my BG2 folder.

Does that sound right?

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Endless BG1 in my SoD folder
    I guess you meant into BGII folder, at least that's what you should do (after EET.exe run, installing mods to SoD will not show up in the game).
    I4E should be installed as soon as possible but I think for I4E and EBG1 the install order doesn't matter.

--How masochist are you? I should have a beta I4E with SoD content for Imoen ready by next week, need only translate 100 lines into English (the dialogue bug bit me), and would be happy for playtesters.

Thanks for taking (some of) my mods along!
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited August 2020
    Thanks @jastey,

Sadly, I didn't mean the BGII folder but I can see now that I should have!

I'm very happy to have a go at playtesting. I may hold off on installing everything until the beta is ready and then I can start with SoD to try it out. I'm really looking forward to seeing how having Imoen in the party will change things.