Skip to content

[BUG] Random nature of soundset causes certain lines to rarely play

WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
Current behaviour: The random nature of soundsets in BG:EE has caused many lines to repeat themselves over and over, sometimes four times before something different plays. As a result, easter egg lines such as Viconia - "I'll go where you wish, if you keep me from the accursed sun.").

Expected behaviour: Lines should repeat themselves a max of twice before another one is played to avoid having to listen to the same one so very often. Furthurmore, in BG1 the four easter egg lines of each NPC were grouped together so they could be heard in sequence. This should be restored so that you don't have to click 5,000 times to hear it.

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    How did this work in BG2?
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited November 2012
    @Balquo They didn't have easter egg lines in BG2. If you mean the sequence of lines, all of the lines were the same as BG1. They would play in a sequence instead of randomly.

(Viconia BG1: Oloth Zha? Jal Khaless? Nightsinger, give me power. Oloth Zha? Jal Khaless? Nightsinger, give me power.)
    (Viconia BGEE: Jal Khaless? Jal Khaless? Oloth Zha? Jal Khaless? Oloth Zha? Oloth Zha? Oloth Zha? Oloth Zha? Jal Kahless?)
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @AndreaColombo
    Can you redmine this when you have some time?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Redmined.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Red mine?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Yeah and not only the party members have the easter egg lines. Major plot characters usually have them too (Tazok for instance). They should be right next to each other.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @Tresset Redmine is the name of the dev bug tracker.