Skip to content

Does BG:EE works for you?

Comments

• WoozWooz Member Posts: 32
    Flawless. Just can't find a Katana vendor outside of Candlekeep (before Baldur's gate/Cloakwood) :(
  • lkukalkuka Member Posts: 5
    NO NO and NO
    reinstaled BG and stil not working crash after text in new game
  • DerDuKeDerDuKe Member Posts: 88
    Had to fix a sound issue, but yes it does work now.
  • AdesAdes Member Posts: 1
    The map looks like photoshoped by a 10 years old boy.
    All requests sended in main thread blocks UI.
    Reproductible crash when navigating ally characters inventory to ally characters records.
    Just can't see my friend character on the map?!

Omg... What did you do to THIS game???
  • AmanthorAmanthor Member Posts: 1
    No. It doesn't even run. Whatsoever. FFS.
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    The only bugs I've encountered so far are when two models get "hung up" on one another, their circles are slightly inside one another and they can't get "unstuck", the confirmation of completing an order (I tell Branwen to move she says her little confirmation dialogue) but then not actually doing anything and I've had 3 crashes to desktop when trying to enter Nashkel (this seems completely random, and not dependant on where i travel from). That said, even these 3 bugs are very annoying especially when the launch date was pushed back the way it was.

The characters getting hung up on themselves bug was present in the original BG but was fixed in BG2. If the BG2 engine seemingly fixed this problem why does it occur with BG:EE? When I run BGTuTu I do not have this problem either.

I am happy though that the game works for me. I would be devastated if I waited as long as I did and then the game was unplayable on my PC.
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    Yes it does, though there are quite a few bugs. Sound is crashing sometimes, too.
  • JaanivJaaniv Member Posts: 17
    edited November 2012
    Bugs! Especially mouse pointer disappearance in inventory is killing me.
  • DecrepitDragonDecrepitDragon Member Posts: 120
    About the only issues I've had are teeny weeny text, and artifacting of text from previous menu screens. Not too bad otherwise.

Certainly deserves an "OOOH. Shiny!" :)
  • foolstonefoolstone Member Posts: 37
    nice UI.
    Both save game and Load game are very fast.
  • scrumpylungsscrumpylungs Member Posts: 3
    Only issue i have is when i start the game in full screen everything is flickering on the start menu, and then when i play the game, indoor environments get all choppy and messed up, there's no "fog" in unexplored environments, and lot of small helpful things do not show (like tab key not showing crates/doors, green click and drag box and green outlines of selected characters not showing etc). annoying but not game breaking bugs.

However, just discovered that changing to windowed mode after start up, exiting the game, starting the game up again and then changing back to full screen mode fixes the problem!! So now it is running absolutely perfectly.

Plus i'm running on intel graphics (HD 4000) but as long as i do that little trick every time it's playing flawlessly, so not seeing any issues there! First time playing BG so thank you Overhaul Games!! :-D
  • MusicboxMusicbox Member Posts: 14
    Multiplayer doesn't work and I NEED to play multi for my adventure on my Youtube channel. So I voted "No" because the multiplayer bugs are game-breaking !
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    I keep freezing after a minute or two of gameplay.

Operation System:Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.120504-1619)
    Processor:Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory:3070MB RAM
    Hard Drive:154 GB
    Video Card:RADEON X600 256MB HyperMemory
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    ekster said:

jmanreis said:

Buggy on Windows XP rig
    Not working at all on Windows 7 rig

Has anyone got it to work with Windows 7 without going through multiple side steps?

I didn't do a single thing other than load and play and it worked without a problem on my Windows 7.
    Same here - downloaded (slowly for the 1st one, a little better for the 2nd, and fine for the last) and played - no issues thus far altho I am barely out of Candlekeep.

• baaddarebaaddare Member Posts: 145
    I must be lucky so far I have not run into one bug. I do have an AMD cpu though.
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    Hit play, never loads. I clicked play and sat here for 20 minutes waiting for it to do anything.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    edited November 2012
    @GemHound and others having problems with crashes, please go here and read:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8405/read-before-posting-master-technical-faq#latest

There's a huge chance a solution can be found there. Lots of people are expressing gratitudes over fixes that are now collected there. They're now capable of running the game properly.

I wonder if this poll was tried again already today, if we would see much fewer number of people with issues.

300 people have voted here, 79% can run the game, 20% can't. (somehow, we're missing one percent?..)
    I would bet, that if it was run today, we would see at least 10-15% less people who can't get the game up and running satisfactorily.
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    It isn't crashing, it isn't doing anything at all. It doesn't even attempt to open the game.
  • menumenu Member Posts: 6
    Mazoku said:

Flashing screen from previus screen, like menu flashing in game unplayable :( + no sound

win 7 64
    ge force gtx 560ti
    intel i5
    newest drivers

Mazoku said:

Flashing screen from previus screen, like menu flashing in game unplayable :( + no sound

win 7 64
    ge force gtx 560ti
    intel i5
    newest drivers

for me it fixed that flashing when i turn off triple buffering on display drivers
    GemHound said:

It isn't crashing, it isn't doing anything at all. It doesn't even attempt to open the game.

Hmm.. Are you absolutely sure the game is fully downloaded?
    Something should happen when you click play..
    Please try the pinned threads on the "windows" and "Generel" forums here.

If nothing works wite to support@beamdog.com
    I'm sure they'll do all they can to help you, but be patient, they may have many mails to go through, and they may even lie in a time zone different than you, and they need sleep too.. :)
  • donhendonhen Member Posts: 5
    Win 7 64-bit
    GTX 580
    i7 980X
    Drivers were updated ... mebbe a month or two ago.

Only bug I've run into is the game will occasionally murder my character.
    oh ... wait ...
    thats a feature.
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    I've seen a couple bugs, but it all seems fairly aesthetic, nothing that interferes with my gameplay.
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    edited November 2012
    I'm curious about the result but don't have a copy of BG:EE yet. I've noticed that there is no way (that I found out) to see the results from a poll without actually voting. Does anyone know a way?

Also, could someone post the current result here? (EDIT: I saw that at 07:00 this morging it was about 300 votes and 20% couldn't get it to work)
    You can't see the results without voting unless the OP make that an option, which is frequently forgotten.
    Currently 325 have voted, of which 80 percent have voted yes and 19 percent no. Don't ask about that one percent missing, 'cause I don't know... :)

I wrote in this thread earlier, why I think if the poll was reset today, there would be far less voting no, due to the support on the site, which have helped a lot to get the game running.
  • betobeto Member Posts: 20
    Bytebrain said:

You can't see the results without voting unless the OP make that an option, which is frequently forgotten.
    Currently 325 have voted, of which 80 percent have voted yes and 19 percent no. Don't ask about that one percent missing, 'cause I don't know... :)

I wrote in this thread earlier, why I think if the poll was reset today, there would be far less voting no, due to the support on the site, which have helped a lot to get the game running.

You're right @Bytebrain, my game works now thanks to the support on the site, I would change my vote if I could.
    @beto
    Hey, that's cool! I'm happy for you.
    :)
  • CelestaCelesta Member Posts: 3
    Only have a white screen & the Baldur's Gate mouse icon. Can hear the music playing ... just no visual display :(
    @Celesta
    There's a compiled list of issues and proposed solutions here: http://tinyurl.com/c9qmxl3
  • CelestaCelesta Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Bytebrain, I'll try them out & see if they'll work for me.
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    Not until the major bugs are fixed. Until then I call it BG:FE (Fail Edition). I see the possibility however, that later it can be better, as the original was. It is just not finished yet.